Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How Effective Is The Signal With Concrete Walls In Home?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
JustH
Follower
Follower

Hi, I live in a house where the inner and outer walls are made with cylinder concrete blocks.  I am concerned that the wireless signal could be blocked and the cameras would not be able to transmit. Any suggestions or recommendations? I want to install cameras in and outside my home about 15 cameras in all. 

Thanks JustH

1 REPLY 1
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes, this can be a concern as wifi doen't travel well thru some materials.

It sounds like you will have to test wifi signal strenght around you home first, maybe buy and test one kit first before jumping in 100%...

Last, the only true way to over come lack of signal is to use multi bases... these will have to be placed near groups of cameras for best signal.  ( closest cams to each base )

Remember that there are +/- for multi bases... each will need an ethernet attachment so you much somehow have one availble near each base ( wifi extender with ports can work if you have a good signal to the extenders )

Each base will have to be armed/disarmed as a separate unit ( tho all base cams will appear in the app/prgm ).

Plus is it does allow multi schedules as each base can run one and the limit of 5 cams streaming ( at same time ) is per base, so 2 bases allow 10.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation