Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Yolo
Guide
Guide

Hi everyone,

My front camera is on 24/7, my back camera is off when I am Home, and this is resolved. Now I need my back camera to be on from 11 PM to 8 AM while we are sleeping at night and when I put it on schedule it will not be on when I am away. Any one has a solution for this case, can anyone map out if this is even possible?

Your help is appreciated.
Jay

9 REPLIES 9
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Schedule an appropriate mode from 11PM to 8AM and then set the schedule to be used for Home in GF.

Yolo
Guide
Guide

I already tried that solution but problem is when that schedule is on, it wont allow my back camera to motion record when I am away from 8 AM to 11PM..

Als, Arlo app wouldnt even allow us to set that time fram schedule, the start time will auto go back to 12 AM every time I set the stop time. Anyone experiences this issue too? Video is attached below.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Typically you use the schedule for Home and a specific mode for Away. You can use the Armed mode for Away as long as you want all cameras to be active.

No video attached. I'm guessing that you're spanning two days across midnight. Set a schedule from, say, 9PM to 11:59PM and again from 12:00AM to, say, 6AM.

Yolo
Guide
Guide

I tried to upload the video again but it doesnt seem to be allowed.

Anyway
I set:

Away mode: armed
Home mode: front camera 24/7

I when I the Armed mode on schedule, it wont motion record other times when I am away. Thats my main concern.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'm having trouble following what you're trying to tell me (might be a senior moment). I think you want the front camera always on and the back camera on from 11PM to 8AM as well as when you're away.  I would use the Armed mode for the GF Away setting. That will arm both cameras. For Home, select the schedule. Set the schedule to use the Armed mode from 11PM to 11:59PM and also from 12:00AM to 8AM. That will keep the back camera off when you're awake but still at home. As soon as you leave, the Away mode should kick in, arming both cameras as you need.

Yolo
Guide
Guide

Sorry about the confusion.

Yes, I want my front camera always on, and the back on when I am away and from 11 PM to 8 AM.

Here is my set up as your recommendation:

Away Mode: Armed
Home Mode: Front camera always on
Armed Mode Scheduled from 11 PM - 8 AM.

And how it works:

Front camera always on, back camera also on when I am away but off when I am home all the time, even the schedule is set. Last night, the camera was quite.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You must use the schedule to have it work - just setting it up doesn't activate it. Use the schedule for Home, not the Armed mode.

Yolo
Guide
Guide
Sorry but I didnt quite get what you mean. Home mode is the custom mode I created for only the front camera which is always on. I then set the schedule from 11 PM to 8AM for Armed mode and all of the cameras are off at that period. This is very sophiscicated that I cannot get through it.
Yolo
Guide
Guide
I returned this arlo system and bought a new Nest camera system. Problem resolved. Constantly recordiing, no more hit and miss too. Thank you for your support!
Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation