Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Hope with Cameron location

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
B2R
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have 5 pro 2 camera with the free 7 day storage. My house is a L shaped ranch style house. The camera that I have a guest ion about is above garage door recording down driveway. A person parked in driveway out side free recording area of 23 feet got out f his truck walked up into my recording area and activated recording ( great ) his truck was recorded but wasn’t able to read plate. Is there a way to adjust camera lens ? Or should I just relocate camera on wing of house further down driveway . Doing this will move recording zone further down driveway . Thinking it will help being able to read plate of vehicles that pull into driveway,but will loose view of front . Suggestion welcomed I m just trying to get best coverage under free 7 day storage . Really don’t want to by sixth camera. Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
N4KHQ
Tutor
Tutor

I'm new with the Arlo so feel free to correct any incorrect remarks. I assume you can't enlarge the 1080 video enough to read the plate. The Pro 3 will sync with the pro 2 base station but it will not give 2 k video. I would think it would be possible to cover the entrances or hallway with three cameras and move another camera to the carport.

B2R
Apprentice
Apprentice
Thanks for replying . Correct I can’t enlarge video to view plate . I even took screen shot with phone and tried enlarging plate area is to blurred to read. I did try moving camera further down driveway on side of house. It helped very little now plate shows up on angle and can’t make out plateon such a angle. Also not getting much more distance down driveway with camera on side of driveway compared to straight ahead view. Also lost view of front yard and street. I might just leave thing alone . The way it’s set up now at least I get notification if someone walks up by truck in driveway and when on live view get view of whole driveway and front yard. My camera locations are 1 front view driveway & front yard 2 front porch 3& 4 for backyard 5 side of house( non driveway side) Thanks again
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@B2R wrote:
 A person parked in driveway out side free recording area of 23 feet got out f his truck walked up into my recording area and activated recording ( great ) his truck was recorded but wasn’t able to read plate.

Reading the license plate reliably  is suprisingly difficult (even with the Ultra).  At night the headlight glare can make it impossible to even see the plate.  So if you want to read licenses, you do need to pay attention to 24x7 lighting as well as camera position.  Also, even with decent lighting it is problematic if the car is moving - you generally need a clear image with the vehicle stopped.

@B2R wrote:
 Is there a way to adjust camera lens ? 

No.  Moving the camera down the driveway might help, but as noted above it might not be enough.

B2R
Apprentice
Apprentice
Thanks for replying. As for the lighting It was a sunny day mid day . Moving the camera down driveway on side of house didn’t help due mostly to angle of plate on screen . I will be leaving camera where the were originally. So I don’t lose street/ front yard view. Thanks again
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation