Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Help with 2FA after changing to a new phone

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Mammapink
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can anyone help.

I've recently changed my phone and downloaded and logged into the Arlo app successfully.  I get notifications if the cameras are triggered fine.  But having problems when I try to log in to the account on the internet to change my subscription.  I get a message saying 

"We don't recognise this device.
We sent a push notification to  XXXXX  Phone to verify your identity. This screen will automatically disappear when verified"
Its trying to send the notification to my old phone but this has since been factory reset so is not receiving  any notifications.
How can I get my new phone to be recognised as the primary account?
7 REPLIES 7
Mammapink
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can anyone help.

I've recently changed my phone and downloaded and logged into the Arlo app successfully.  I get notifications if the cameras are triggered fine.  But having problems when I try to log in to the account on the internet to change my subscription.  I get a message saying 

"We don't recognise this device.
We sent a push notification to  XXXXX  Phone to verify your identity. This screen will automatically disappear when verified"
Its trying to send the notification to my old phone but this has since been factory reset so is not receiving  any notifications.
How can I get my new phone to be recognised as the primary account?
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Mammapink

Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. Arlo Tech Support

Additionally, you can use the new help center feature within the Arlo app. To do this, you will need to go to Settings > Support.

Mammapink
Aspirant
Aspirant

Many thanks for your response. 

I have tried the support option in the app but the link does not work.  I have tried to reinstall the app but this hasn't helped either.

I have also tried to contact via the tech support online but the chat option isn't working either.  I guess Ill have to keep trying, maybe not so many staff due to Covid restrictions 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

When you mention "I have tried the support option in the app but the link does not work." (Is this the Support request & Chat option?). Is there an error message. If possible can you provide a screenshot?

Mammapink
Aspirant
Aspirant
In the Arlo app when select help in settings it shows Web addresses for support and help in green. But when touch on these nothing happens, not even an error message. Thanks
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Mammapink 

Can you provide a screenshot of this?

Mammapink
Aspirant
Aspirant
Attached screenshot as requested
Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes