Help setting up 6 cameras

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Pusspuss
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi we have two complete sets of Arlo cameras. Each 4 cameras with a base. Previously I hooked 5 cameras to one base and the remaining camera to the second base and by allowing the diary base to share access of secon base I could use all 6 cameras. I would like to do this again if anyone can remind me how we did it?  A friend set it up like that easily. Thank you 

4 REPLIES 4
Pusspuss
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sorry, allowing the FIRST base to access the second base -not dairy!  Auto correct!

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

Are you attempting not to utilise a subscription?

You are limited to 5 cameras per account using the 7days free cloud storage.

Some get around this limitation by having another Base station on a different account and then sharing the cameras between accounts.

KRUDD
Aspirant
Aspirant

If I purchase a second base, with 4 additional cameras, does this mean I cannot hook the base/hub to my main account and use the 7 day free cloud service?

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

Just to clarify, the 7days free cloud library feature (max 5 cameras per account) ended for all camera models after the pro2 back in 2018. All newer camera models after the pro2 require a subscription to record to the cloud library.

As you have previously stated you can get around the 5 camera limit with the pro2 cameras by spreading them across two or more base stations and sharing them between accounts.

(warning: the new app interface just released by arlo as the feed/dashboard/routine/automation experience requires a location setting on the base and may circumvent the sharing experience to 5 cameras per account per residential location.)

If you add a new set of newer model cameras the subscription will be required for cloud library recordings.

You will have the option to use direct storage access using the newer  4540 or 5000 base stations to view downloaded recordings with the mobile app but no easy remote viewing or sharing.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation