Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Having issues creating zones. Works with one zone. Ignores activity if 2-3 zones.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
MarkWCO
Star
Star

I have a camera in my front yard and am having issues with the zone setup. I am on the Smart Premier trial.

If I do one zone that covers part of my driveway, sidewalk, and front yard it works fine.  Any activity in that zone is being detected and recorded and I receive a notification.

Yet if I create a 2nd or 3rd zone covering other areas of the front yard then I get nothing.  Nothing at all is recorded in any zone, the first or the 2 additional zones.  

What am I doing wrong?  I'd like to have 3 zones so I can cover all areas of the front yard I want covered.

As well I notice when setting up zones it says to "Highlight areas in your cameras view where you want to receive or ignore motion and sound alerts."

Yet when setting up a zone it doesn't give the option of if I want to ignore that zone or receive alerts.  How can I choose to ignore or either receive alerts for each zone I create?  I also am not sure if this is possibly causing the issue I hvae when I set up multiple zones.

1 REPLY 1
Dannybear
Master
Master
I have read here that the third zone will cause the feature to fail when using basic activity zones.
I mentioned this as it might be related to using smart zones.
As for the explanation they provide, I’m surprised that this has never been edited at all in any of the previous app updates.
Anything inside the boxes are monitored, anything outside of the boxes are ignored.
Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation