Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Have 2 separate Arlo Pro 2 accounts

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Chipper-arlo01
Aspirant
Aspirant

We have 2 separate arlo pro camera systems, at 2 different locations. I have created a new account for the second system, but now I can't log into that account. It says the user name and password are incorrect. Should you not be able to log into 2 separate accounts with the same app?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@Chipper-arlo01 wrote:

We have 2 separate arlo pro camera systems, at 2 different locations. I have created a new account for the second system, but now I can't log into that account. It says the user name and password are incorrect. Should you not be able to log into 2 separate accounts with the same app?

You can certainly have multiple accounts with different systems attached to each account.  You can also share access between those accounts if you wish, so you can see all of the devices from a single login.  I have one account logged in on my iPad and a different account logged in on my iPhone.  

You should be able to log out of one account and login to the second account on the same device.  If that is causing a problem, you might try force-closing the app after logging out and then try logging in to the second account.

If you are receiving a password error, you may truly be having a username or password issue.  Try logging in on a PC or Mac using Firefox. (Not Edge or Safari due to bugs in the current version of Arlo)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@Chipper-arlo01 wrote:

You can certainly have multiple accounts with different systems attached to each account.  You can also share access between those accounts if you wish, so you can see all of the devices from a single login.  I have one account logged in on my iPad and a different account logged in on my iPhone.  

You should be able to log out of one account and login to the second account on the same device.  If that is causing a problem, you might try force-closing the app after logging out and then try logging in to the second account.

If you are receiving a password error, you may truly be having a username or password issue.  Try logging in on a PC or Mac using Firefox. (Not Edge or Safari due to bugs in the current version of Arlo)

Chipper-arlo01
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the info, I did have to reset my password, now it seems to be working!

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@Chipper-arlo01 wrote:

Thanks for the info, I did have to reset my password, now it seems to be working!

You are very welcome.  Good to hear that was the only issue.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation