Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Had 3 cameras for about a year but draining all of a sudden?

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
Lcarre
Tutor
Tutor

Need help with camera batteries. We have 3 cameras and 4 batteries. We have had them about a year and to be perfectly honest I've only had to charge them 3 times in that amount of time because we really don't arm them very often. Last week all registered under 15% so I went to charge them. I've now charged them twice in the last week and they all are registering under 15% again today. And that includes the 4th battery. I do rotate the batteries as they get charged. Is this an Apple thing? One year and everything dies? Whether or not it's even being used? I am extremely disappointed as we spent over $300 on the set and now I'm looking at $50 per battery to replace them. I would have been better off buying a hardwired system and paying for installation if this keeps up. Any help??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Lcarre
Tutor
Tutor
UPDATE!
I disconnected the base station from all power for a minute or so then reconnected and rebooted system. After charging the batteries one more time, it has been 5 days and all cameras are still at 100%. I haven't checked the "spare" but it seems that the issue is resolved.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
kram62
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've got 3 cameras and also had them about 1 year. Haven't had a problem until about 2 weeks ago where I've had to charge each battery again (lasted about 2 weeks). Not good enough. Due to our stay at home laws, I've even changed the schedule so they are disarmed during the day and in fact not recording at all and still they are draining. There are no new firmware updates either.

My settings are already set for "Best Battery Life"

I'm trying a few things.

1. Turn off homekit (see if that makes a difference)

2. Reboot the hub, see if that makes a difference

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I've made no changes here and none of my cameras are showing this issue. Since you may have time being cooped up at home, it may be worth the time and effort to remove all devices from Settings, My Devices and start fresh. Be sure to note all settings, modes, rules and schedules to speed the rebuild.

Lcarre
Tutor
Tutor
So, even my spare battery that I charged 3 days ago with the rest of them is now at 4%. Just like the rest of them. It was sitting in a drawer, and the cameras have not been armed. All 4 batteries going bad at the exact same time? Sound more like a scam
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Lcarre wrote:
 All 4 batteries going bad at the exact same time? Sound more like a scam

How much video recording activity?

Are there issues with livestreaming, or other indications that the cameras are having trouble maintaining their connection to the base station?

Lcarre
Tutor
Tutor

The system has not been armed and there has been no recording in nearly a month.

I can connect to all cameras without any issues.  I have rebooted the base station today, so we will see if that does anything.

Lcarre
Tutor
Tutor
UPDATE!
I disconnected the base station from all power for a minute or so then reconnected and rebooted system. After charging the batteries one more time, it has been 5 days and all cameras are still at 100%. I haven't checked the "spare" but it seems that the issue is resolved.
Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation