Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
judyc
Tutor
Tutor

I downloaded the app and set up the system on my phone.  I granted access rights to my husband.  He accepted the invite, but when he tries to access the system it say no Arlo devices found.  I have tried several times to do this and keep getting the same message  Does anyone else have this problem?  Please help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
judyc
Tutor
Tutor

Go to devices and settings.  Scroll down to where it says Grant Access.  Click on that and then it will ask you his name and email address.  an email will be sent to him with a link to click on.  I think that I had to go to each camera and grant access.  I chatted with someone at Arlo and got this information from them.  See below:                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

• Please follow these steps: To add a friend to your Arlo Account: 1. Launch the Arlo app or log in to your Arlo account at my.arlo.com. 2. Tap or click Settings. 3. Under Account, click or tap Grant Access. 4. Tap or click Add. 5. Enter the first name, last name, and email address of the person that you would like to add as a friend. 6. . Tap or click the cameras that you want your friend to be able to access. (Optional) Move the Allow Access Rights slider to the right to grant your friend more administrative rights. (Optional) Move the Allow Access to e911 slider to the right to allow your friend to grant access to emergency responders. 7. Click or tap Send Invite. An email message is sent inviting your friend to create an Arlo account. Your friend's name is displayed with the status Pending. Once your friend accepts your invitation, the status changes to Accepted.

After that, I had to go to each camera and grant access to him.  Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @judyc

I have a few questions for you

• Did you happen to allow access to the cameras you want him to view?
  • Did you remove & re-instal the Arlo app?

I have provided an article here with further info:

judyc
Tutor
Tutor

I  got it figured out.

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@judyc wrote:

I  got it figured out.

It would be really neat of you explained what you did to fix it. Then someone else might be spared hours of hassle in future.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
tabby8465
Aspirant
Aspirant

@judyc Can you please let me know how you granted your husband access without him having to set up a unit & cameras?

judyc
Tutor
Tutor

Go to devices and settings.  Scroll down to where it says Grant Access.  Click on that and then it will ask you his name and email address.  an email will be sent to him with a link to click on.  I think that I had to go to each camera and grant access.  I chatted with someone at Arlo and got this information from them.  See below:                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

• Please follow these steps: To add a friend to your Arlo Account: 1. Launch the Arlo app or log in to your Arlo account at my.arlo.com. 2. Tap or click Settings. 3. Under Account, click or tap Grant Access. 4. Tap or click Add. 5. Enter the first name, last name, and email address of the person that you would like to add as a friend. 6. . Tap or click the cameras that you want your friend to be able to access. (Optional) Move the Allow Access Rights slider to the right to grant your friend more administrative rights. (Optional) Move the Allow Access to e911 slider to the right to allow your friend to grant access to emergency responders. 7. Click or tap Send Invite. An email message is sent inviting your friend to create an Arlo account. Your friend's name is displayed with the status Pending. Once your friend accepts your invitation, the status changes to Accepted.

After that, I had to go to each camera and grant access to him.  Hope this helps.

judyc
Tutor
Tutor

Yes i allowed access to each camera for him to see on his phone.

tabby8465
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you.  I got it to work.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation