Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Granted access issue between two accounts

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
scotts191
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a pro 3 system at home and a pro 2 system at another home.  both have their own base stations and separate arlo accounts.  i've shared my pro 2 cameras with my pro 3 (home) account but both pro 2 cameras always show offline in the camera lineup, even though they are both working and send me alerts and record when activated.  So I can't view the live feed.  I can sign in the OTHER (pro 2) account and everything is fine, but not when shared on my pro 3 account.  As an odd symptom, i cannot go into mode; it just closes the app when i press the mode button.  i've tried removing the share and re-installing it, as well as removing the app and re-installing it.

5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@scotts191 wrote:

I have a pro 3 system at home and a pro 2 system at another home.  both have their own base stations and separate arlo accounts.  i've shared my pro 2 cameras with my pro 3 (home) account but both pro 2 cameras always show offline in the camera lineup, even though they are both working and send me alerts and record when activated.  So I can't view the live feed.  I can sign in the OTHER (pro 2) account and everything is fine, but not when shared on my pro 3 account.  As an odd symptom, i cannot go into mode; it just closes the app when i press the mode button.  i've tried removing the share and re-installing it, as well as removing the app and re-installing it.

Have you tried using the web browser instead of the app?

scotts191
Aspirant
Aspirant

yes, the same issue.  shows as offline on the main app, although still online and records and sends notifications when activated.  I can access the new videos but nothing live or any settings, etc.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Do you happen to have a screenshot of the pages/issue you see?

scotts191
Aspirant
Aspirant
Here it is. The top view (labeled 'pond') is the primary account/base station. The view below (labeled 'BH front door') is a shared camera from the separate account/ base station. The one below (cut off) is the other shared cam with am identical message. Again, the shared cameras ARE working (recording, notifications, etc.) Just not indicating so. Thus, i can't view live, change settings, etc unless i log out of the primary account and log into the second/shared acct.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you for the information. Just to note, it looks like your base station is offline, your Smart Hub is online. Since you have tried to reshare and re-add your cameras please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. Arlo Tech Support

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation