Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Gigaswitch & Arlo Pro 2 receiving connectivity error

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Dcrowder
Follower
Follower

Hello all, looking for help, my router is out of Ethernet ports and I don’t wish to use a wireless port. I’ve hooked up Arlo through a gigabit switch however I get an connectivity error on my phone but all green lights are on base unitI also tried an Ethernet splitter and got a connectivity error also., but yellow center light on base unit. I can plug directly into router port with zero issue however as soon as I run Arlo through the switch or splitter is has an error. Any ideas why? I should say i plugged other devices into the giga switch as well the ethernet splitter and connectivity was successful . Any help appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
JustAnElf2
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi Dcrowder,

If you mean an Ethernet switch, then I recommend looking at the router and verify your computers can reach the equipment on the second, routed network.  Connect a second computer to that port and see if you can ping it from a different routed port.

If you are talking about those $8.00 RJ-45 phone splitter thingy's you can find on Amazon, then it probably won't work.  Those RJ-45's splitters usually expect one device to be turned on at a time.  The other device typically has to be turned off.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation