Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Geolocation Defective & Charged for Cancelled Service

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
abswims610
Aspirant
Aspirant

I bought this from Amazon to be clear about which device: Arlo Security System by NETGEAR - 2 Wire-Free HD Cameras, Indoor/Outdoor, Night Vision (VMS3230C) with Extra Outdoor Mount (VMA1000) - New Version, Wo

I have a Pixel 3 XL on Android 9. I tried time and time again to get the Geofencing capability working correctly. It never would. After a long, frustrating, and utterly pointless phone call with support telling me to configure things correctly when I've already 100% done that since the beginning and consistently have, I hung up and decided it would just be better to rely on different cameras from a different company. The fact that I'm making this post and not IMing with someone about this support problem just goes to show why I am not happy with this company. On top of that, I was just charged for the Basic Subscription which to my knowledge is free. I would've flat out cancelled the subscription entirely, but there was no option. Nor is there an option for me to remove my credit card to prevent future charges. So here I am with cameras that do not contain the one feature that's actually necessary for my schedule and dealing with a company who refuses to cancel my subscription for whatever reason. I don't care anymore, I just want my subscription cancelled. If I get a refund I will be shocked. I will be disputing this on my credit card the moment it posts from pending. I sure hope support actually sees this because I honestly have zero idea how I would go about interacting with a human at this company. Your website sure does a good job of routing people away from contacting support, so great job.

2 REPLIES 2
steve_t
Master Master
Master

If you scroll down to the bottom of this page, there is a "Contact Support" button

abswims610
Aspirant
Aspirant

When I scrolled to the bottom of the page to search for Contact Us or Contact Support, I did not see the option. I am using Chrome with the bookmarks bar down on a 17" laptop. Turns out scrolling to the bottom with those conditions prevents or at least discourages you from seeing the green banner that says Contact Support. And when a customer is in a rage at a company, like I am towards Arlo, it's pretty easy to let that irk you even further.

Again, contacting support was useless though. They walked me through configuring Geofencing properly. I, being someone who works in IT, had already set it up properly the first time and was talked to like surely I am causing the problem by setting something up wrong. Nope. The Geofencing feature does not work, flat out. The app does not keep up with your location in the background in order to update the Armed/Disarmed status of the cameras like every other normal app in the world does for their location-based features. I would leave the radius entirely and open up the Arlo app to force the location to update and arm the system. Nothing. These cameras are useless if I have to spend an unnecessary amount of time opening up an app that takes a solid minute to load before you can even do anything just to armed and disarm my system manually every time I leave or arrive home. I do not have the time or the patience to be forced to do manual arming and disarming when I was promised a feature that is supposed work based on location. Not to mention the only recording 10 seconds thing whenever motion is detected is incredibly disheartening. What if I needed more time to get an angle of a burgular and the camera decided, eh, screw it 10 seconds is enough, and I only get their back? Like that seriously is a security flaw if you ask me. I get memory for all the video can be an issue, but that's not my problem as your customer and there are always solutions. If I had known up front it only recorded 10 seconds I would have seriously reconsidered purchasing these cameras.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation