Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Geofencing *still* not working on my Pro 2 on Arlo Android app version 3.2.1

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
BarryLL
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just installed the latest just released on June 11th app on my Samsung S10, Version 3.2.1_28355. I was so hopeful that it would finally fix Geofencing. But sadly, No.

I've tried *everything* suggested. The Arlo provided Help posts only cover if you've messed up with basic setup, this is clearly a bug, so none of it was helpful. (In general I've found Arlo support to be quite useless.)

The most helpful suggestion was uninstalling then reinstalling the app. That seemed to get it to sometimes get into Home when I came Home. But nothing has it consistently going into Away mode. Actually going into the app seems to sometimes help, though it might only be after changing modes (then changing back to Geofencing usually still says "Away" when I'm "Home", but then a bit later figures out that I'm "Home").

It's pretty terrible. I didn't realize at first, so would leave "Home" and not realize the system remained totally Disarmed. This seems like a pretty significant problem.

Anybody else having this problem? Anybody with Pro 2 (VMB3500) and Android, have it working properly??

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi BarryLL,

We recently released a new version of the Arlo Android app, which is version 3.2.2. You can read more about the new app update here: Arlo Android App - 3.2.2 - 18th June 2021

Try updating the app, log out and log back in to see if that might help.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi BarryLL,

We recently released a new version of the Arlo Android app, which is version 3.2.2. You can read more about the new app update here: Arlo Android App - 3.2.2 - 18th June 2021

Try updating the app, log out and log back in to see if that might help.

BarryLL
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi JessicaP,

I noticed version 3.2.2_28365 just a couple of days after installing 3.2.1_28355 (seemed unusual to have 2 releases so close), I saw too that it said "Ability to remove Arlo devices from Geo Fencing" in the update description... not right on point, but something to do with Geofencing! Honestly I still wasn't too optimistic, I've been fighting with this for months, making sure I tried everything possible before posting.

Well 2 days later, I'm really happy to report that it has been working flawlessly! I'll mark this as a solution now (of course I'll come back here and update should anything change).
BarryLL
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sadly in my prior discussion/post I marked the last Arlo app update as a solution. Seemed good for several days.. but now again I find it broken.

Same thing, if I go to the modes, choose my home, then back to geofencing, within a minute or two it realizes I'm Away. Returning home, most recently it did figure it out after about an hour

Very annoyed, this is feature I'd really like to use, but broken its leaving me unprotected.

BarryLL
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hmmm, well, the fix seems to be that I write a complaint.. then find another app update (now at 3.2.3_28370, released 6/24/2021). One again (so far) working correctly.
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation