Geofencing still not working on iOS app version 2.12
Thanks in advance!
Actually, it seems that it might be working correctly. However, it is not labeling itself accurately.
During the unarmed time on the schedule, the cameras are not activating and during the armed time they are activating (as they should) However, when I look at my mode it is showing that it is "ARMED) at all times, when they are activating and when they are not.
That is also what I found and I reported at the beginning of the thread. I did some testing and it is just the app reporting it incorrectly, so a graphical issue. If you kill the app from memory and re-launch it, it then shows correctly.
Also when I turned scheduling off and it was purely geo fencing, the issue went away.
Arlo support are aware of this.
It also seems that live streaming of the camera has an issue and crashes the camera intermittently on my setup.
Same issue. In the last two weeks, Geofencing does not register that I am home. Only one device used, Note 10+ running Android 10. Use to work as it should. This started happening when they finally fixed the issue with IFTTT not recording videos.
While geofencing does currently work (for me, many others not) Arlo still need to be held to task given their horrendous track record with breaking their app every update (both Arlo app and iOS).
Arlo - iOS 13.3.1 beta is in the wild. You should have been testing it for a couple of weeks now. PREPARE! Don't again wait for release then scramble to fix like last time. You sell you products as "security systems" that offer "true piece of mind" - those claims are down right lying when the system breaks for weeks/months on end due to your historically woeful development practices. Don't want to have to treat a big listed company like a undergraduate IT student but PLEASE tell is testing is well underway!
PS. While I say geofencing is working the app still needs to be opened around once per week to keep it working on all registered devices.
I too cannot enable an iphone X with geofencing (my wife's phone).
However, my 2 daughter's phones (both iphone 8 models) work fine.
I use an Android (Samsung Galaxy S8), which also works fine with geofencing; this is the master account btw.
Geofencing had many problems last year, but finally worked last two or three weeks.
Today it doesn’t run, with my wife’s iPhone 7 Plus. My iPhone XS Max was recognised out of zone, her’s wasn’t. Now it seems “not available”.
It's both running on IOS (13.3). And to be clear: once both phones are on geofencing, the geofencing works fine. So it is not the geofencing itself that is the problem. It's the syncing of both phones switching status to or from geofencing. And the syncing problem only occurs when the geofencing status is involved. Switching between for example active and inactive is synced correctly.
So in my opinion it's a bug in the app. And it started with an update in december 2019. Before we didn't have syncing problems at all.
Hi. I had the same problem. I managed to solve it. In the modus screen select pencil behind geofencing. Choose activated mobile apparatus. You’ll see both phones. You have to check the box for each phone. In my case the box of my wife’s phone was not checked. After checking the box her phone is recognized. I hope this helps
So set up geofencing, did work and then stopped. Deleted app and tried again and eventually set up a new account with two iPhones. Everything is set correctly as far as I can see but, my phone arms the cameras when I’m sat next to them! Looked numerous times at the settings and everything seems fine. Deleted and reinstalled app and checked again. Has anyone got the geofencing working with two iPhones or has any advice before I scream!?
Arlo geofencing still not working properly after the “fix”.
My iPhone XS works, but my wife’s XR it’s not working. Last eat iOS, latest Arlo app, location services enabled, app refresh enabled, logged into app. I e checked it all.
Selling this whole kit as soon as I find someone gullible to buy it. I’m going with Eufy.
Key feature of Geofencing does not work. This was an advertised and reviewed selling point.
Is this being fixed; is there an open ticket I can refer to raise this to the company or outside?
1) it simply does not react to devices moving in/out of the zone, leaving the system in an alarmed state, catching us out many times.
2) ghost devices cannot be removed through the admin features so I do not know which ones are true and therefore security is jeopardised. This is critical.
This is falling into Trade Descriptions Act Territory and escalation, hence any actual Service ticket info appreciated OR news of an imminent fix.
I have raised point (2) elsewhere, but a long thread shows an issue years in the open without resolution.
I wrote many times in these forums, and always about the same problem: geofencing doesn’t work properly, again and again.
It worked right till Friday, 7th February. From Saturday my wife’s iPhone 7 Plus is “in zone” when it is not, and if I remove it from geofencing and then put it on again, it seems “not available”.
I think the problem is with the new Arlo app version 2.12.3 just updated.
Sorry for my English...
It´s not fixed at all, it was working for a couple af days, and now it´s showing the phones (IPhone7 / Samsungs S10+) in zone and out zone correct (sometimes) but the system are not arm and disarm it self, even when we are 10 kilometers away, and the App are running in the background. Fix it...! when it works for more than 3 month in a row, i will consider to buy some Pro3, or else i will change to another brand in 2020..