Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
JohnnyGBanger
Tutor
Tutor

After last update on Android device 2.7.11 geofencing now no longer works. I have tried all sort of things from changing user names to restarting base station amongst many other things. Work fine before and is now a pain to keep changing setting. Please advise me if there is an easy fix or do we just wait for the brains trust to release an update to correct ?

98 REPLIES 98
Monkey_501
Guide
Guide
Same issue using android 😞
Flixster
Aspirant
Aspirant

After geofencing not working on 2.7.9, i saw that a few more updates came out. 2.7.10 & 2.7.11. 

I cleared the cache on the app and upgraded the app to 2.7.11. It finally registered that geofencing was enabled but it's not using the rules set when i'm home.

Android 8.0 

veener79
Luminary
Luminary

Yes I am having the same issued with Android.  😞  This is just getting to me that Arlo can't keep this software working right.  I am thinking once my 1 year subscription is up I am going to be looking to get different camera's and call these trash.  😞  

kbee
Initiate
Initiate
I am having this exact same problem which I never had an issue with before until this week. Netgear needs to respond!
djl415
Tutor
Tutor
I’ve been having the same problem. Geofencing turns on when I leave the area but does not turn off when I enter the area.
joshtrobins
Aspirant
Aspirant

Any updates on this?

2 phones

Android version: 9

Arlo version: 2.7.11_25630

Battery Optimization: OFF

Location Permissions

No Power Saver Mode

Arms fine when leaving. Doesn't disarm when returning. Enabled devices shows both phones "In Zone". Toggling to Armed and back to Geofencing puts it into Disarmed state.

CB128
Aspirant
Aspirant
I agree with JohnnyGBanger, Geofencing shows up and when you activate it disappears and reverts to schedule.
jcrain
Apprentice
Apprentice
Same problem here. Geofencing was working fine, about two weeks ago it stopped and now the only way to engage it is to select Armed or Disarmed before deselecting Geofencing and then it will work. Very frustrating
jonazzo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is anyone else having trouble with the geofencing. The latest app update when i live my house the cameras are not arming and disarming.

Turbodrew
Tutor
Tutor

Ive just come to the conclusion that this is how the Arlo system are suppose to be . Fix one thing to just have another problem. Here goes another month. I can’t change mode, will not let me live view cameras or connect...... so basically everything is working properly. Going to get get a real camera system today and use these to catch my dog play with the squirrels while I’m at work. It’s pretty cute. Money well spent

brubble
Guide
Guide

I have talked with Arlo support multiple times and they don’t have a clue.  They just keep saying they will fix it on the next update. It’s been 2 months, if you have a newer system and under warranty return it    Geofencing is the best thing with Arlo and they can’t get it to work

Monkey_501
Guide
Guide
Still not working today. I am using android!!! 2 devices in zone but still in away mode. 😞
JohnnyGBanger
Tutor
Tutor
Thanks for the update and screenshot although my experience is that the geofencing still appears not to be working. Not sure what others are experiencing. I would have thought that they need to issue and app update to fix the issue.
Monkey_501
Guide
Guide
Still not working as of this morning. Using android!!!
Greck
Guide
Guide

Hi Johnny

I went away from the house a couple times today and it worked as programmed. So  I verified that it is back working for me. 

I have it programmed for all cameras to Arm when I leave the Geofence area, Disarm when I return and to Arm all cameras starting at 9:00 pm and turn off at 7:00 am. I would like to be able to Arm only the exterior cameras at night. 

Monkey_501
Guide
Guide

Geofencing appears to be working on Android after base station reboot.

dhung
Apprentice
Apprentice

I'm in Australia (QLD), Geofencing still broken for me, I got 2x IOS devices (iPhone 8 & 6s+) and 1x Android (Note8)

I got two Arlo system, Arlo Pro and Arlo Pro 2, tried reboot both base stations, disable all geofencing devices and re-add them to the list again. 

it's now worse than before, will not arm when devices leave geofencing zone, let along disarm when devices are in the zone which already broken since 20/21th update.

KoniniKid
Star
Star
In New Zealand here and I just got back from a long weekend and still broken for me as well.
jcrain
Apprentice
Apprentice
I have also noticed that since this problem started, when I go into the Mode section of the app, it takes a long time for the app to tell me what mode the system is in. It says “Getting information” for a long time before saying “armed” or “disarmed” etc.
It might be a red herring but who knows if it’s related??
Monkey_501
Guide
Guide
Yep geofencing still broken on android. All phones out of zone and still the system it unarmed. Before is would arm and not disarm.. This is actually worse
Monkey_501
Guide
Guide
Nope spoke too soon. Now when away it wont arm!! Grrrrr
brubble
Guide
Guide
I completely agree. It used to pop right up now it takes a little while
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Is this occurring on the Android or IOS App?

Monkey_501
Guide
Guide

has been working well today

sacornel
Apprentice
Apprentice

My geofencing started working correctly today.