Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Geofencing for two cell phones

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Dittod1
Aspirant
Aspirant
So I have successfully set up the Geofencing mode with my phone, and it arms/disarms as expected when I enter/leave the house.

Now that I've added my wife's phone under the "Grant Access", she is able to view the cameras and get motion alerts. However, her phone isn't listed under the "Enabled Devices" list for Geofencing. How can I manually add her phone? She has an iPhone 8. My OnePlus 5 shows up with no issues.
4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Not sure if it's needed but did you give her the additional access when you set her up in Grant Access?

Dittod1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, I checked all the boxes to give her access to all devices and features.  I even removed her account and re-added her to see if that did anything.  Also, I reset the Arlo base station without any luck.  

bigman562
Aspirant
Aspirant

I noticed on the iPhone 8 (not sure if it's just the 8, or IOS11), that the App will not try to request location services unless a primary Arlo account is logged in.  I had the same issues with my wife's phone.  I logged in with my account and then the app requested permission for location.  Once I did that, I logged back in with her account and all was good.

Dittod1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Awesome suggestion.  I will try that this afternoon and let you know if it works.  Thanks!

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation