Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Geofencing away/home mode switch constantly

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
LewDaVinci
Aspirant
Aspirant

Geofencing away/home mode is switching back and forth constantly. Even though I am home, my iPhone is on and working just fine, I get a notification that Geofencing is Away Mode followed by Geofencing is Home mode a few seconds later. Sometimes if I reset the base station and the app on my phone, it stops. Sometimes for a few minutes, sometimes for a few days. I do have a VPN on my phone and have tried disabling it but that doesn't work. It only happens when I am at home and it doesn't matter if the Schedule is in home Armed mode or not. This is driving me crazy and can't figure out what the problem is. Any thoughts on how to resolve this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Geofencing is based on the phone's location so there's something going on with the phone's determination of where it is. Have you tried increasing the radius for GF? You may want to slog through the phone location settings to see if something works better than others.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Geofencing is based on the phone's location so there's something going on with the phone's determination of where it is. Have you tried increasing the radius for GF? You may want to slog through the phone location settings to see if something works better than others.

LewDaVinci
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you so much for the right solution! I adjusted the GF radius from small to large and it resolved the issue completely. 

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation