Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Geofencing Without Video Or Access To Live Video?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
purpleElephant
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just got one of these devices to protect our home durring a trip, and I'd like the GeoFencing feature to work as is without having to grant camera access to any accounts I add to the system.

Is it possible to add an iOS or Android phone without granting that phone remote access to the video library / live video?

2 REPLIES 2
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

purpleElephant,

Unfortunately, when granting access for an individual to your account, by default they will be able to view the library/live video. This is a prerequisite for Geofencing. I have attached our KB Article with more information below.

What privileges do my friends have when I grant them access rights in my Arlo account?

purpleElephant
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've added an account without access to any of the cammeras on my iPad, and added it to the geofence, but it doesn't seem to participate in the geofence.  Does a device / account need access to a specific camera to participate in the geofence?

I'm going to add a few more accounts like this on iPhones to see if this makes a difference.

I really don't think that friends that have access to the geofence should say have access to live video feeds in say a bedroom.

Is there a way to accomplish what I'm looking for?

Also, I've read on other posts that GeoFencing might not be working for non-main/admin accounts.  Is this correct?  Is this a bug?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation