Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Geofencing 2 phones with 3 camera system - potential fix

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
tukatz
Tutor
Tutor

I installed a 3 camera system with two cameras outside that I wanted to always be armed and one inside that I wanted armed only if both my wife and were away with our phones. I setup a custom mode (Home) that had the inside camera motion detection OFF. I setup geofencing and installed the Arlo app on my wife's phone also. I invited her as a friend and she accepted. I may have the sequence of these actions off.

If I edited geofencing and looked at Enabled Mobile Devices I saw both our phones. Mine was checked and noted In Zone. Hers was not checked and after I checked it was noted Unavailable. My phone being away would trigger the Away mode even if her phone was still in the house.

I stumbled across Push Notifications and enabled them for her phone. When I then logged onto the app on her phone I got a notification that Geofencing required that I permit access to her phone's location. I did so and when I looked again at Enabled Remote Devices hers now also was noted In Zone.

All is working as planned now. The inside camera only becomes armed if BOTH our phones are away. Hope this helps someone who is struggling with this issue.

3 REPLIES 3
tukatz
Tutor
Tutor

All WAS working as planned. Then, without my making any changes, the system lost its mind. The two outside cameras stopped detecting motion. I worked with it briefly, but then gave up. I would be out of my mind to waste any more time on this turkey that is obviously not ready for prime time, especially working with technical support people I can barely understand. The system is going back tomorrow. As our older son would say, this thing is REALLY annoying.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey tukatz,

If you're having problems with your Geofencing not working properly, try looking at this article for troubleshooting steps you can take to improve performance for Geofencing: Why isn't the Geofencing mode working?

If you're still having problems, contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

tukatz
Tutor
Tutor

You obviously did not read my last post very carefully. The system is packed up and is being returned today.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation