Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Friends rights

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
JohnDoe77
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello!

I have sent our babysitter an invite to view the arlo 2 camera which we use as a babymonitor for our toddler. How do I make sure she can only access the camera when we want her to? Now she is gone, I edited friends rights but I have to give her access to the camera or the base station. If I delete the access to both, I can not save the changes.

If I grant access to the camera she can surely she the live feed. But if I don’t select that and only grant access to the base station, what will she be able to do then?
7 REPLIES 7
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

https://kb.arlo.com/1103229/What-privileges-do-my-friends-have-when-I-grant-them-access-rights-in-my...

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
JohnDoe77
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I already visited those articles before I posted this question as it does not give me any answers. What can a “friend” do that only has access to the Arlo Base station?
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@JohnDoe77 wrote:
 What can a “friend” do that only has access to the Arlo Base station?

Can't happen.  You grant access to cameras, not base stations.

JohnDoe77
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have to choose to grant access for the camera OR the base station. If I don’t select one, I cannot save. So now I have selected the base station, but I don’t know what she is able to do?
JohnDoe77
Aspirant
Aspirant
Sadly I cannot attach a screenshot from the app, the iPhone saves it in a format this forum does not accept.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.  Arlo Tech Support

JohnDoe77
Aspirant
Aspirant
I waited over 15 minutes on the chat, then the chat was closed. After that, I received a mail that the helpdesk would contact me;

Bedankt voor het gebruik van onze online portal. We hebben een nieuw casenummer 41749533 gemaakt voor je aanvraag en deze toegewezen aan ons ondersteuningsteam.

Een expert van Arlo-ondersteuning zal je vraag binnen 1-2 werkdagen beantwoorden

Still waiting on a reply.
Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation