Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

For privacy reasons, we want to record to USB storage (no cloud recording)... How?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Alastair99
Follower
Follower

For privacy reasons, we want to be to record to the USB storage ONLY. I got this system because I read somewhere this was possible. Now, after setting it up and getting the USB storage working, I cannot figure out how to turn OFF the cloud recording. We do not want any videos sent and/or stored and/or viewed by anyone at Arlo/ Logitech/ etc. In particular, we do not want our data being sent to the USA as a jurisdiction (Patriot Act, etc). 

I will wait one week. If this is not an option, I will dismantle everything and just take it back. Privacy is our number ONE priority.

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Alastair99 wrote:

For privacy reasons, we want to be to record to the USB storage ONLY. I got this system because I read somewhere this was possible.

It's basically not possible.  You can block internet access to the base station in your router - that will ensure that recordings are not stored.  But it also makes it impossible to change any camera settings or rules, or get notifications.  Plus you need to remove the USB storage device from the base station in order to see any recordings.

@Alastair99 wrote:

We do not want any videos sent and/or stored and/or viewed by anyone at Arlo/ Logitech/ etc.

Not sure why you are bringing up Logitech, since they are a completely different company from Arlo.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

This can not be done as you want...

it is a cloud based system WITH USB backup.

The backup comes into effect if the system is armed AND the Internet goes out,

then system will continue to record to the USB.

but without internet you have no control over the system as commands go to the far end and back to your base.

so, short story, isn't going to work.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation