Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
zubiedoo
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi guys I have three cameras, two Arlo Pro2 and one Arlo Go. One of my pro two cameras has started having these foggy spots on the night vision, this did not happen until recently I’ve been using them for about a month. Any suggestions?
12 REPLIES 12
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@zubiedoo wrote:
 One of my pro two cameras has started having these foggy spots on the night vision, this did not happen until recently I’ve been using them for about a month. Any suggestions?

Do they move or are they static?  Are they on every nightvision video, or only some?

Obviously try cleaning the lens, and perhaps apply something like RainX while you are at it.

Maybe swap the two pro cameras, and see if the problem stays with the camera.

zubiedoo
Aspirant
Aspirant
They are in one place and do not move. Tonight the one looks even worse. They weren’t like this the first 2 to 4 weeks that I have them. I looked at the lens of the really foggy when I tried to clean it but I didn’t put any rain X on it. I don’t see any reason why it’s doing this but I’m also seeing smudges in daylight another more obvious at night
zubiedoo
Aspirant
Aspirant
The couple more shots from the daytime you can see the smudges are evident there too. In the picture with the house, there’s actually a cat on the ground roughly between the two windows it’s hidden by one of the smudges. I watched her walk out of the clear and into that smudge it it disappears eventually. I am worried that maybe water has gotten under the lens is that even possible? Aren’t these supposed to be weatherproof?
zubiedoo
Aspirant
Aspirant
another
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's not that the cameras are getting water into them but that moisture is collecting on the outside of the lens. This can happen when the camera is open to the weather or just due to high moisture content of the air (think evening dew). One suggestion is to carefully wipe the lens with a clean cloth that has a drop or two of Rain-X or similar product.

dcfox1
Master
Master

Last nite was the first rain since I got them and noticed it set off motion a lot and yea had the rain drop foggy spots. I was surprised at how many times it set off motion in rain.

zubiedoo
Aspirant
Aspirant
It remains spotty on dry days too. The pic I sent initially was on a dry day after I cleaned the lens. I can try the rain-x tho.
zubiedoo
Aspirant
Aspirant
Two more shots...the cam cleared up then got very foggy a couple hours later. Weirdly tho they didn’t do that the first few weeks, even in rain.
zubiedoo
Aspirant
Aspirant
Foggy a couple hours after being mostly clear. Could the lens be letting moisture inside?
zubiedoo
Aspirant
Aspirant
They do not seem to move, But they are not the same each time. This last time they are more streaky and not circles. They are so random though. They’re always at night. Sometimes they are associated with rain sometimes they are not. I feel like something is getting inside the lens and then taking a while to dry out if that’s possible. Although sometimes they appear when there has been no rain. I’m really disappointed because I don’t have very good night security now. I’m thinking of contacting the manufacturer.
zubiedoo
Aspirant
Aspirant
It doesn’t appear that Arlo community lets you put more than one picture on a post so here’s what it should look like without the blurriness.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@zubiedoo wrote:
 I feel like something is getting inside the lens

More likely some condensation on the outside of the lens.

Perhaps try RainX or some similar treatment.

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation