Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Firmware update to 1.12.0.1_27940 on 6 Jan 2019 resets time zones

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 8 In Conversation
zephy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just got an update for my base station.

After updating the timezones were changed back to default. All videos were all over the place due to that and timestamps were messed up. 

You'll need to redo your timezones after the update. 

13 REPLIES 13
ngl1604
Apprentice
Apprentice

Just checked mine and the firmware (along with Cameras) has been updated but it seemed to retain my TZ info correctly.

silverado44
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I recieved the update also and everything is fine with it but what were the updates for? Theres no info here about it.

ngl1604
Apprentice
Apprentice

No idea as yet - the firmware update page with the release notes does not appear to have been updated to include these versions.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That's because the mods have to post there and it's the weekend.

ngl1604
Apprentice
Apprentice

Might be worth Arlo adding publication of the release notes to the same deployment pipeline that is used to push out the firmware updates rather than have it as a separate (manual) activity?

#DevOps Smiley Wink

zephy
Aspirant
Aspirant
I did get errors during the update. Maybe that's why. Who does updates without support...
Ihate100bees
Tutor
Tutor
No problems here after mine updated and I have six of them.
TVAS
Aspirant
Aspirant
Not sure what the update did to fix bugs but 2 of my 4 cameras never had full signal. Now all 4 cameras have full signal strength. Looks like a good firmware update to me.
scottkellman
Guide
Guide

This firmware is a POS.  I lost the use of my system as soon as they published it.  It has been saying there is an update for 1 week.  I spent like $300 bucks on this POS and it is now an anchor.  Whoever developed this update should be beaten with their own arms.

Scott
MI_evans
Aspirant
Aspirant
Haven’t been able to use cameras ever since this update came out, my base station will not accept it... camera will still record but can’t view live because of the stupid message on the screen to update. Support was no help. Absolutely terrible, I will never buy another one of these again.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Rather than waiting a month and still not having any luck, punt. Remove all devices in Settings, My Devices. Hold the base reset button until the LEDs flash amber. Let the base reboot. Claim the base normally and then sync the cameras (frequently you can sync without removing the cameras by briefly pressing the base sync button - don't hold it - and then go to the camera location and press the camera sync button. Update firmware as you go if prompted.  It may be a PITA but if the system then works...

MI_evans
Aspirant
Aspirant

Tried that numerous times... Does not work. Base station will still not take the update.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Open a new case with support. A hardware problem can only be solved that way.

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 8 In Conversation