Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
FoxRaynard
Star
Star

First there were no recordings after 4AM (probably firmware update time), then after messing around and factory resetting base station, I have a battery draining, from 70% to 40% within a couple of hours and I've just watched it drain to 30% without taking any recordings.

5 REPLIES 5
Edinburgh_lad1
Prodigy
Prodigy

You can check in the Arlo Firmware Release Table whether your camera runs the latest firmware (https://community.arlo.com/t5/Firmware-Release-Notes/Arlo-Firmware-Release-Table/td-p/1920885). According to the table, the latest firmware is:

Arlo Pro 2VMC4030P1.125.17.1_11_de8490dSeptember 29,2021

However, it's possible that the table hasn't been updated. 

A battery drain you're describing can be caused by a number of issues, too, such as the battery being old and depleting quickly and significantly, cold weather (a temp. drop) causing the battery to deplete, or even a distance between the Hub and the camera itself. 

FoxRaynard
Star
Star

It's now obvious that the camera is stuck in firmware update mode (flashing blue and amber), which would explain why the battery is draining .

If no firmware updates have happened since 2021, why is the camera trying to update firmware?

And also there are other threads since 2021 where cameras are stuck in firmware updates/

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

While I suspect it's failed, reinsert the battery to see what happens. 

FoxRaynard
Star
Star

It's flashing amber and blue. It wouldn't be doing anything if it didn't have a battery in it?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I said to reinsert the battery - take it out and put it back in. That will reset the camera as much as you can do.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation