Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Some customers in Australia and New Zealand regions may be experiencing problems with live streaming and motion recordings not saved to library. We are working to resolve this issue, please see status.arlo.com for the latest information.

Firmware fails to update on base station

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
kojaky
Aspirant
Aspirant

This is the second time I have attempted to buy ARLO and is it still giving me the same problem. I just bought the 2nd Arlo Pro 2 and I am unable to update the firmware. I have good internet speed (download 40Mbps/upload 11Mbps), restarted, unplug and plug the base station, and tried to manually update on the website. I'm not sure what to do next. Without updating the firmware, I am unable to get a live feed from my app or website. I wonder what's blocking me from updating the firmware...

HW  VMB3500r4

FW Version 1.12.2.1_2798

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Some folks have taken their system to another location with a different ISP to do this. It could be an ISP issue or maybe a router one, especially if the router is owned by the ISP.

kojaky
Aspirant
Aspirant
I went to another location and it worked! We have the same ISP though. Could it be the router? Is there something I should look for in the router?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Do you own the router or is it the ISP's? If the latter, tell them they need to configure it to allow ports 80, 123 and 443 to arlo.netgear.com. If it's yours, have you done anything that would change security in the router or is it just more or less the default configuration? A very slow upload speed can be an issue, too - what are your speeds as measured by speedtest.net?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation