Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Error message "Your Base station is offline"

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
billkex
Luminary
Luminary

This is an error message that I get occasionally when viewing my cameras on my desktop computer.  It's incorrect because my base station is next to me & it is lit up & working.  I also get this same message about the cameras.

I have found that I must log out, and log back in & sometimes it straightens itself out, but will start up again within a few minutes.   (see photo below)  It also takes long to load the live feed when I click on each camera.

THIS IS ALL RELATED TO THE 04/30/20 SOFTWARE UPDATE.

This never did it before . 

Anyone else?

4 REPLIES 4
billkex
Luminary
Luminary

Also...........

It no longer records video when motion is detected.

I don't know why this update was made, but IT REALLY SCREWED EVERYTHING UP.

I have nothing but problems now.

Is there a way we can revert our software prior to the 4/30/20 update?

Anyone else experiencing this?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @billkex

When you mention "It no longer records video when motion is detected."

What troubleshooting steps have you performed so far?

billkex
Luminary
Luminary

Shayne,

Thanks for getting back with me.

The next day, it started recording motion. so at this point, the recording (when motion is detected) is working fine.

Watching it from my cellphone (on the Arlo App), the quality of the live & recorded videos are VERY good.

I don't seem to have the problems on the Arlo App,  The problems are when I try to view my cameras from my desktop computer (using either Mozilla or Chrome)

From the desktop, the quality of both the live & recorded video is crap.  When I try to watch my cameras, it will tell me a certain camera or the base station is offline. But when I go to the cellphone app, it is working fine.

My conclusion:

There seems to be a issues when accessing the Arlo software via my desktop computer.

....and this didn't happen before the 4/30/20 update.

Anyone else? Or does everyone else just use the app on their cellphone?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

I'm not seeing any issues with the web client.  Have you tried downloading the video, and looking at it in a media player like VLC?  That would give you some idea on whether it's the web player or the video itself.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation