End of life on pro 2 cameras

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
SEATOWN_F1NEST
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok.. So I seen the end of life for the pro 2 cameras but will it still work with the base with no more updates or will they not work at all..? And have to get newer ones..?

6 REPLIES 6
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@SEATOWN_F1NEST wrote:

Ok.. So I seen the end of life for the pro 2 cameras but will it still work with the base with no more updates or will they not work at all..? And have to get newer ones..?

Arlo hasn't said anything at all about bases.

But I believe the cameras will still work with the base, but will need a subscription for storage.

You have until 1 January 2024. There should more clarity by then, since the pro goes EoL on 1 April 2023.

SEATOWN_F1NEST
Aspirant
Aspirant

Says that won’t have anymore updates and support for pro 2 cameras.. So does that mean recording won’t be added to base..? Or push notifications..? And have to upgrade to Pro 3 or newer..? Don’t really care about the storage part really..

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@SEATOWN_F1NEST wrote:

Says that won’t have anymore updates and support for pro 2 cameras.. So does that mean recording won’t be added to base..? Or push notifications..? And have to upgrade to Pro 3 or newer..? Don’t really care about the storage part really..

The EOL email I received on 1 January said (in part):

These cameras may continue to be operated after April 1, 2023 by all existing Arlo owners to live stream video, receive motion notifications, and store video clips locally with a compatible Arlo base station. These cameras also can utilize Arlo’s new cloud storage, which is available with the Arlo Secure subscription service, though the EOL’d cameras themselves may lose some functionality over time, as they will not be provided with further firmware upgrades.

I don't know what you mean exactly by "adding recordings to base".  If you mean adding the ability to store local recordings to a VMB3xxx base, then I think the answer is "no".  If you are wanting to know if local recordings will still be stored to a VMB4xxx or VMB5000, then that email says "yes".

I have a couple of pro 2 cameras and one pro  in service, with a subscription. on 4 January I received another email regarding the pro, which says in part:

While it is true that on April 1, 2023 these camera models and some services will EOL, your hardware and current subscription will continue to function as before. You will not see any immediate changes upon this EOL date, as your devices are already activated under your Arlo Secure subscription plan, which includes 30 days of cloud storage.

Note I would lose cloud storage if I didn't have a subscription.

@SEATOWN_F1NEST wrote:

Don’t really care about the storage part really..

You never look at the video in a push notification?  If you do, then you are using cloud storage (unless you upgraded to a VMB4540 or VMB5000 and set up direct access)

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

Not to forget 

Automatic email alerts and push notifications may be reduced or eliminated

The email notifications end April 2023.

erkel333
Aspirant
Aspirant

As previously announced, your device enters the EOL stage on July 1, 2023. As a friendly reminder, your device will continue to receive 7 days of free cloud storage after July 1, and Arlo will provide critical security updates for it until at least July 1, 2024. Please see here for more details.

To say thank you for being an Arlo Customer, we are extending the two offers we sent out in the original email. The first is 50% off any Arlo camera or video doorbell (limit 5 devices) on Arlo.com—click "Redeem Product Offer" enter code AEOL-MRG-FV7-K6G-7TN at checkout to redeem.* The second is 75% off any Arlo Secure subscription service for 12 months on Arlo.com.**

Arlo Team

This is email I just received today 6/1/23, but my cameras and base still don't show up in app, why?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you rebooted your base as well as the phone and maybe reinstalled the app? WHat does the web client (my.arlo.com) show?

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation