Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 8 In Conversation
iMp4cT
Guide
Guide

Does the Arlo Pro 2 record at 1080P if running off of the battery or does it have to be plugged in?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

1080 on battery too...

extra features like zones, thru glass detection, etc only on ac

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

1080 on battery too...

extra features like zones, thru glass detection, etc only on ac

Morse is faster than texting!
iMp4cT
Guide
Guide

Thank you!

Forscotland
Guide
Guide

I have 7 Pro-2's running and there's no way these are 1080p!  The images are washed out and grainy.  I have two base stations and signal strength is good, product isn't.

Tony

swpyatt
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'll agree with this. Also I have not had a battery charge last a full day even with only a few captures done.

iMp4cT
Guide
Guide

Wow that sounds like there is an issue.  Shouldn't it last several months?

swpyatt
Aspirant
Aspirant

It looks like the IR stays on all the time. That would be an issue.

DvxAznxvb
Aspirant
Aspirant
1080p feature is overpriced and is probably closer to 900p cause whether on ac or battery the quality looks like it is always on "optimized"

The image provided is on ac, indoors, and during the day but you can barely see the texture on the chair or blanket and the noise from the front door shows that the image sensor is probably the same as the arlo 1 version
DvxAznxvb
Aspirant
Aspirant
Ok for some reason I can't post images from my phone which is ridiculous so I can't show any examples
silverado44
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

The differance between 720 and 1080 is not a big change and might not even notice the differance. You might notice it on a tv but on a camera with who ever makes it its very hard to see the differance.

tyns
Aspirant
Aspirant

According to the New Egg Specifications listing on the Arlo Pro 2, it only records video up to 1280 X 720.  Not sure if this is a misprint or not. if this is true, what is the point of the Arlo Pro 2?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you sure you looked at the Pro 2 and not the Pro? I just checked Newegg and it specifically states 1080p in multiple places.

tyns
Aspirant
Aspirant
https://m.newegg.com/products/N82E16881149055/specs

Expand the specs. It says configurable video capture up to 1280 x 720.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Max resolution is 1920x1080.  I see what you're saying.  Check this one (it's just the camera):

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16881149054&cm_re=arlo_pro2-_-81-149-054-_-Prod...

It looks like an editor needs to use a bit of proofreading.

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 8 In Conversation