Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Does it get better with night vision? Shows cloudy and unclear. Had it for 5 days.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Sharon15
Aspirant
Aspirant

Okay, so I have had my Arlo 2 for 5 days. I’m very happy with the clarity of the day camera but at night, it’s totally crappy. Cloudy and unclear. I called for support but it hasn’t changed anything. Should I return it? What is the best night vision camera? I am more concern about crime occurring at night so very unhappy with this product

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A screenshot or link to a video would be helpful. Don't forget that the IR LEDs won't light up great distances and the higher resolution of the sensor leads to smaller pixels, meaning that fewer photons hit each pixel. Adding external lighting, whether normal outdoor lighting or something like Arlo spotlights or other IR spotlights can be very useful. Just remember that positioning and distance are very important.

Sharon15
Aspirant
Aspirant

Well, a few weeks ago, I opened a case number and provided photos but no one has called me back.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey Sharon15,

Let me reach out to you via private message in regards to your case.

Reallyconfused
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

No it does not get better. And no one calls back after you contact them. I have an open case file and very little actual support from them, and no call backs.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation