Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Does Arlo Make Any Cameras that DON'T STOP WORKING AFTER 30 MINUTES? Or are they All Useless?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
GrizzlyTheHunte
Follower
Follower

Had I known these cameras stop working after 30 minutes I would have Never bought them.  I would be fine with running a power line to them (already am.) So using the excuse that the batteries would die doesn't hold water.

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Mine remain connected all the time. The usual reasons for going offline are distance between camera and base, signal strength, signal interference and what's between the cameras and base (walls, floors, metal in/on the walls, house construction, etc.).

If you bring a camera closer to the base, does it stay connected? If so, what is between the base and the camera's original location? What is the house construction? What wireless devices are near either the base or cameras that also use the 2.4GHz band?  The local environment needs investigating.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I think the OP means they "time out "....

This has been the standard for the Arlo cameras since the beginning ( with exceptions ). It was set up this way due to most camera being on battery and not wanting a person to forget and leave them on.

Exception to above are the Baby cam, and used to be the Q cams ( tho they now too time out for me at an hour )

Only option is the CVR paid function to record 24/7 but then the cameras need to be powered also.

( tho IMO, the CVR needs to be more functional with options like FF, snapshot, d/l... right from prgm )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation