Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Do not see Arlo Pro 2 under Mode. Only see Base Station.

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Batyka
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

Got a problem with “mode” of Arlo pro 2. I only see the “base” there so not all cameras and the doorbell.

The strange thing, however, is that I see 2x the base in “my devices”. 1x as head and 1x in the list of cameras and doorbell. How can I fix that?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Batyka
Aspirant
Aspirant

It has now been resolved. The manual does not indicate that you actually have to indicate which hours of the day which cameras should work. So you make groups of cameras that have to work during certain hours. When you start installing you expect that you have to indicate for each camera which hours of the day it should function.
I would like to thank everyone for the responses

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
dcfox1
Master
Master

In Mode did you click Armed to get to the camera rule settings? 

Batyka
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, 

In mode I only see the base station, no cameras

dcfox1
Master
Master

Ok I am not sure where you are in Modes. Are you saying when you select" Armed" you still do not see the cams?  Do you see your cams in the separate Device page at all? Here is a link for Modes and rules.

What are modes and rules and how does Arlo use them?

Batyka
Aspirant
Aspirant

in mode I only see the base station, no cameras or doorbell or triggers.  I can therefore only apply Armed, Disarmed, Schedule or Geofencing on the base station.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

WHat you're seeing are the available modes. Edit the Armed mode and you should see all cameras so you can edit the rules for them. It would be better to create custom modes for full control since the Armed mode is limited in adjustments and is used for troubleshooting. Read the FAQs here on creating custom modes and making changes. Be aware that any camera without a rule is disarmed.

dcfox1
Master
Master

@Batyka wrote:

in mode I only see the base station, no cameras or doorbell or triggers.  I can therefore only apply Armed, Disarmed, Schedule or Geofencing on the base station.

What happens when you select the pencil on the right of "armed" mode to edit the rules as I posted earlier? Do you see them there. It will say rules then the names of the cameras. 

I use Armed and customized them and works for me or as said make a new custom mode. 

Batyka
Aspirant
Aspirant

I see that I can set the various cameras and doorbell in “armed” mode. But that doesn't seem possible with planning.EF7B273A-AA90-4903-889B-39924E85F4D8.png

dcfox1
Master
Master

Can't see your pic until a mod approves it but if you if you you mean "plan" you would have to set the rules for each cam to record or do what you want. "armed" has default settings.  Even a new custom mode would need to be set up. You can read the link here again on that.

What are modes and rules and how does Arlo use them?

Batyka
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you.
I am now trying to give the different cameras and the doorbell different times in the self-made modes. It will work to make one. But when I turn on the doorbell from 0.00 to 24:00 and then one of the cameras from, for example, from 0.00 to 07:00, the doorbell time changes from 07:00 to 24:00. How do I prevent this change?

Batyka
Aspirant
Aspirant

I see the cameras in “armed” in  the “rules”

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey Batyka,

I would suggest to contact the  Support Team to help you with setting the modes properly for your camera and doorbell. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

Batyka
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello Jessica, thanks will be in touch.

Batyka
Aspirant
Aspirant

It has now been resolved. The manual does not indicate that you actually have to indicate which hours of the day which cameras should work. So you make groups of cameras that have to work during certain hours. When you start installing you expect that you have to indicate for each camera which hours of the day it should function.
I would like to thank everyone for the responses

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation