Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Do VMB3000/VMB4000/VMB4500 Base Station for Arlo Pro 2 have different ranges or same?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
RougeSoroush
Follower
Follower

I purchased the Arlo Pro 2 kit from Costco, but the camera located at the front of my house wasn’t able to reach the base station. I know the Costco base (vbm3000) is slightly different from the other bases (vbm4000 or vbm4500), but I’m not sure if the range is any stronger on the 4000 or 4500. Does anybody have any experience with the different bases? Any other pros or cons I should be aware of? I know the 3000 doesn’t include a siren.

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There's virtually no difference in signal strength between bases. You may find minor differences but unless you're right at the edge of connectivity nothing changes. I've used them all with no issues. The get connection to that front camera, you can either reposition the base to be closer (you can use a longer cable or a WiFi or powerline extender to do this, assuming you don't lose connection to the other cameras) or use a second base solely for that one camera, using the same extenders or cable.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation