Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Devices Offline

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Raquela
Tutor
Tutor

Along with some essentials, despite all the troubleshooting I've been advised, my cameras are still constantly off line.

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It would help us understand if you provided details of what you've tried and what you see.

Zzzzzzzzzz
Luminary
Luminary

@Raquela Do you have other Arlo cameras? Are they experiencing issues? Are you experiencing other strange issues with the app? Do you have the older library version of the app, or newer one?

The past week in particular, I've also noticed that all my devices are constantly showing offline when I open the app (Android). I have all legacy devices (Pro 2, Arlo Q, and Arlo Baby) with the older library version of the app. I came to the community to see if anyone else is seeing the same  issue.

A few times the Arlo Q and several Arlo Baby cams showed offline in the app, but they kept recording events. Closing and restarting the app or rebooting the phone, then waiting a while minutes (longer than typical) seemed to bring the cameras back online in the app. Sometimes I would open the app and walk away from my phone so not sure how long it took for the devices to show back online.

Until tonight, I just noticed that my Arlo Q was offline and had not recorded anything since around noon today. I tried power-cycling the Arlo Q, and that did not help. So, I power-cycled everything (modem, router, Pro 2 base station). None of my other connected devices and security cameras from other companies were have been experiencing any connectivity issues.

Even after the modem and router came back online, my Pro 2 cameras took a bit of time to show back online on the app. Some of the Pro 2 cameras still showed offline in the app. I rebooted my cell phone and opened the app. Some of the Pro 2's still showed offline. Some of the devices shows online but then back offline. Closed and reopened the app a few more times. Waited... Eventually the offline Pro 2 cameras came back. But then my Arlo Q showed offline but still recorded an event. Then after a while the Arlo Q came back. Basically overall, very unstable.

The last time I recall seeing a similar issue where all the cameras kept showing offline was back around June right after an app update. The last Android app udpate was Oct 4. It seems like perhaps something is going on with the servers and not recognizing the devices? Or issues with the app as well?

Connectivity issues with Arlo Baby cams have been more and more of an issue since the past year. Then recently, the app has been misbehaving for all devices (e.g., missing icons). Someone from Arlo reached out to a few weeks ago to follow up with me to see if the issues still existed. At first it seemed better, but then all the issues returned with some new ones. I still need to do some more testing and send them logs. It seems like all my legacy Arlo cameras on the old app version are experiencing more and more issues. I wonder if new Arlo cameras are experiencing the same issues?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation