Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Device disappears from Geofencing Enabled Mobile Devices on new Arlo app

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
PAJ0
Guide
Guide

I found a bug that appears after updating from Arlo Legacy app (Netgear) to the new Arlo app on iOS 12. When I go into the list of Enabled Mobile Devices under the Geofencing settings, my primary device shows for a split second and then disappears. Therefore, I can no longer tick the checkbox on my device. However, I still see the device of a friend I’ve shared the account with, and I can tick their checkbox in the Enabled Mobile Devices page. This means that Geofencing cannot work properly and now the entire Arlo system is defective. Please let me know if anyone has found a solution to this new bug.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PAJ0
Guide
Guide
I think I just figured it out actually! Here’s how: I shortened my Phone’s name in Settings —> General —> About —> Name from 36 characters to 12 characters. Now my phone no longer disappears from the Enabled Mobile Devices page. It must be a bug in your new mobile app, since I had the longer device in the Legacy app and it worked just fine.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi PAJ0,

Have you uninstalled the Arlo Legacy app, reinstall the new Arlo app, and reboot your phone device to see if that helps?

PAJ0
Guide
Guide
Hi Jessica,
The Legacy app was already uninstalled, so I did the following: uninstall new Arlo app, restart phone, reinstall new Arlo phone, then restart phone.

Unfortunately this did not resolve the app bug. Any other suggestions I could try?
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Could you let me know what iOS device you're using and what iOS version you're running? And what device does your friend use?

PAJ0
Guide
Guide
Both devices are iPhone 6s. My device is running iOS 12.4.1, and my friend is on 12.4
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Have you tried turning off your location services (Go to your iPhone Settings > Privacy > Location Services > Arlo. Change to "Never" and change back to "Always") and re-enabling it to see if that helps from your device disappearing? You could also read this article to see if this may help: Why isn't the Geofencing mode working?

PAJ0
Guide
Guide
I just tried this, as well as all the recommendations on the link you shared. I also did a factory reset on the base station and added it back to my account. I also created a new account and added the base station to the new account. None of these worked. Is this a known bug in the new app? Is there anything else I can try?
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Let me reach out to you via private message to gather more information from you.

PAJ0
Guide
Guide
I think I just figured it out actually! Here’s how: I shortened my Phone’s name in Settings —> General —> About —> Name from 36 characters to 12 characters. Now my phone no longer disappears from the Enabled Mobile Devices page. It must be a bug in your new mobile app, since I had the longer device in the Legacy app and it worked just fine.
Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation