Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Delay, Audio Issues.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Shazbit
Follower
Follower

These things are impossible. The audio doesn't seem to work well - I can never hear what people are saying, the delay is MASSIVE even when connected to the same WiFi network. In addition, I can't get the live feed to stream for more than 30 seconds before I get a popup saying "The streaming service is reporting that the device is not streaming. Please check if the device is connected to the internet else reboot it and try again" Every time I see this, I check the connection strength to the base station and it is solid. Furthermore, when I try to check the live feed over the internet, the delay is between 90 seconds to multiple minutes - this is not the case when using something like Alfred... a $20 smartphone app versus an $800 system.... what gives? Return to Costco or is there just something wrong with my system? 

1 REPLY 1
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Shazbit,

What are your internet speeds with your ISP? It sounds like there may be some interference occurring. You can try to move your base station a bit further from your router. Also, is it possible to bring your camera closer to the base station & test again?

The Cameras also need to communicate with the base to the cloud and bac to your phone/device.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation