Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Default location settings for geofencing

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
gwapsejnr
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi team,

I have had the frustrating issue for some time with my Arlo Pro 2s where the default location settings for my wife’s phone revert by themselves to “while using the app” instead of “always.” This means whenever I leave the house geofencing is enabled and I get a heap of movement notifications as she is still home. I keep changing her locations settings in iOS main settings to “always” but it keeps going back to default “while in app” setting. To say it is frustrating is an understatement. I have done resets, deleted app etc and still no luck. Hopefully someone can help. Thank you!

5 REPLIES 5
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

You could try deleting and reinstalling the app and rebooting the phone in between.

gwapsejnr
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately I have tried that and no luck. My wife's phone keeps reverting the the "only while using the app" setting. 

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

I recall having the same years ago, I put it down to the phone global location settings for the app needs refreshing.

There are two locations in the iPhone settings to set the arlo app location services.

One is under the app icon on the iPhone settings page. The other is via the iPhone settings/privacy/location service/arlo app.

Refresh by toggling each setting between values.

gwapsejnr
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for this. I went in and checked the settings. I think they both actually just lead to the same spot/settings but have updated them again. Hopefully they stay set to "always." Now I am having another issue. I had a fully charged battery, it was up for one day, then I woke up this morning to a fully dead battery. Not a good start! Thanks for your help 🙂

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

Not surprised anymore, opened the app this morning and was watching my cameras being armed and disarmed by arlo, then one camera started streaming by itself for 5mins, good way to drain your batteries.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation