Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 31 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 12 In Conversation
sangwinacher
Luminary
Luminary

After Dec 2 update, whenever you open Arlo, or select any of the options within the app (mode, devices, library, etc.), a big solid notification that just says "Arlo" is popped across the top of the screen for every action performed.  See attached screen shot.  This was not happening prior to Dec 2 update.

Running latest Android 10 with latest security patch level: December 5, 2019.

31 REPLIES 31
Rob-A
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just found this "community" after searching for a better way to get support, since Arlo seems to be totally useless.

I have a 3a XL and have had the same annoying issue starting about the same time.

I had posted this in another area of the forum and an Arlo support person said it was being escalated to the development team. We'll see what happens but I won't hold my breath.

Darkcydr
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same here. Pixel 3 XL cleared cache, storage, uninstalled Arlo app issue still persists. Switching between Mode, Devices, Library pops a blank notification. Even minimizing and bringing the app back to the foreground pops a blank notification.
sangwinacher
Luminary
Luminary
The latest version of the app possibly fixed this issue. There isn't any mention in the developer notes in the application that these bugs were fixed so I'm not sure if it was fixed intentionally or by accident, or if it's documented as being fixed in this version somewhere else.
Rob-A
Aspirant
Aspirant
No, it is not fixed. I have the latest version.
chip0
Star
Star
It does appear fixed for me after updating to the version released today, 2.12.1_27005
Rob-A
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have gotten no app update today at all.

Rob-A
Aspirant
Aspirant

I notice that Google app updates sometimes take time to make their way to my notifications. I manually checked on this app and found an update.

After updating it just now it DOES appear that the problem is resolved.

Discussion stats
  • 31 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 12 In Conversation