Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 31 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 12 In Conversation
sangwinacher
Luminary
Luminary

After Dec 2 update, whenever you open Arlo, or select any of the options within the app (mode, devices, library, etc.), a big solid notification that just says "Arlo" is popped across the top of the screen for every action performed.  See attached screen shot.  This was not happening prior to Dec 2 update.

Running latest Android 10 with latest security patch level: December 5, 2019.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rob-A
Aspirant
Aspirant

I notice that Google app updates sometimes take time to make their way to my notifications. I manually checked on this app and found an update.

After updating it just now it DOES appear that the problem is resolved.

View solution in original post

31 REPLIES 31
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Not happening here. Try rebooting the phone and reinstalling the app.

sangwinacher
Luminary
Luminary
App has had storage and cache cleared and reinstalled, still same issue. It's something local with the application it seems. Worked fine until Dec 2 update. I'm running a Google Pixel 3 XL.
silverado44
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Mode still not showing what status the base is in still blank. So this new update did nothing.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I also have a Pixel 3 XL and am having no problems with any of the above. The Mode tab does take a little while to show up so I wait until the icons for each camera on the Devices tab appear before moving on to other things.

sangwinacher
Luminary
Luminary

I first updated to the latest Android Security update, then I updated to the new Arlo app, and that's when it immediately began.  Uninstalling/Clearing cache didn't resolve it, so that's why I suspected maybe the latest security update caused it. 

chip0
Star
Star
Same issue here. Blank notification constantly when open and when switching tabs.

Pixel 3a XL with latest Google Dec 2019 security update.
sangwinacher
Luminary
Luminary
Glad I'm not the only one...
chip0
Star
Star
Yeah, and by the way, the constant blank notifications still appear even when notifications are "muted".
sangwinacher
Luminary
Luminary
Yeah, and the notification will even pop when exiting the app...
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I just started getting this, too - why not initially, I don't know. The notification goes away for me in about 5 seconds or so.

sangwinacher
Luminary
Luminary
Royal pain huh? Does it also happen for you each time you navigate within the menus or even when minimizing the app?
leelh
Aspirant
Aspirant
I started having this same issue two days ago. Generates blank notifications whenever I interact with the Devices tab in the Arlo Android app.
sofon
Aspirant
Aspirant
This just started happening to me too, very annoying, any fixes yet?
sangwinacher
Luminary
Luminary

@JamesC can you look into this?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Is the issue only occurring on the Pixel phone?

sangwinacher
Luminary
Luminary
I just had another pixel 3 running with the latest Arlo app and it was working fine. Once the latest Android security update was done as I mentioned above, the Arlo pop-up began to start happening so it looks like it's due to the security update that Google released. Since Pixels are the first to get the Google security updates, this will likely only be experienced and reported with these phones initially until they start rolling the update out to other providers/phones.
sofon
Aspirant
Aspirant
Nope, I'm on a Samsung A30 - the problem only started occurring right after I updated my phone (and subsequently all the apps too) yesterday though.
sangwinacher
Luminary
Luminary
Believe me, I never said it was a Google problem. It's an app problem for sure.
chip0
Star
Star
Pop up also occurs when starting Play or Stop of any camera from device tab.

Devs, whenever you decide to fix this really annoying bug, will you please improve to "Mute Notification" controls? Please add a Mute button to the actual notification. Especially if we aren't using the e911 and other buttons you did include there. Please include the most common action we actually want to use on notifications (Mute!).
dmalene
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am also getting these notifications when interacting with the Arlo app. Pixel 2 XL with the December 5th 2019 security patch. Please fix this ASAP!

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

chip0
Star
Star
Thanks ShayneS. Fyi for follow up, the constant blank popup is still present in the Android version published Dec 13th, 2.12.0_26090
centimo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just adding my name to the list. Same issue here on Pixel 2XL.

orb526
Guide
Guide
I have this issue now as well. Pixel 3 latest everything...
Discussion stats
  • 31 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 12 In Conversation