Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Customer required to pay return shipping for defective replacement

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
disappointedArl
Follower
Follower

Hello,

After 3months of use, one of my camera's stopped detecting motion. After 3hours of troubleshooting, using some very helpful tips from this community, I had no success and had to reach out to Arlo customer support.  Arlo's agent was very helpful with the case and started an RMA for me.

During the RMA submission process, I come to find that Arlo requires the "customer" to pay for the shipping to return the defective unit (in warranty) before they can send you a replacement unit.  Seems that a few other customers have had this problem before.  This does not sound like good customer service or warranty when the customer is required to spend time and money to troubleshoot and then ship the unit back.  I contacted Arlo customer support again and they said that I get "free" return shipping of the replacement unit.  Am I supposed to be impressed by Arlo for doing what they're supposed to do? If it wasn't defective then I would be pleased but unfortunately due to their lack of reliability, I am forced to spend time and money to send the unit back.

Cost isn't an issue but it's the terrible warranty and customer service that is changing this customer from a satisfied to very disappointed.  Please re-consider your policy Arlo.  Why should loyal customers who pay for your products be forced to pay for cost of returning your defective unit (while still in warranty)?!

1 REPLY 1
NewfieDrool
Luminary
Luminary

Depends where you are your I guess. I’m U.K. so first port of call is with the retailer who sold the unit.

I recently had a router replaced, purchased from amazon. Went through them who put me in contact there and then with the manufacturers support. After an hour they gave me a RMA and I had to pay to return it to them, I can however claim that cost from the retailer who are amazon. Total cost was £11 and I never bothered. 

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation