Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Customer Service is lacking

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Critters
Follower
Follower

2 year warranty, BUT! just try returning something. One of the camera seals perished within a year, everything working OK. Couldn't return to the original outlet because their deal is that you need to return everything which means the whole security system just for one single faulty camera. Arlo customer service has been excruciating. First, they are in the Philippines (I'm in Australia) you have to wait for 30mins before they take your call. First call which took 1 hour said I would need to send the camera to them for replacement, but it had to be passed to another department for the address for me to send to. They never came back to me. So I followed up another hour this time on chat online (no quicker still 30 min wait before they both to chat to you) the Same thing over again, this time I had to send photos of the failed unit. I was promised they would get back to me within that working day. Days later they never came back. Have given up now and will take the whole system back to the shopping outlet. Just be aware that if you need their help with the product they don't want to know.

2 REPLIES 2
James-521
Initiate
Initiate

Okay. I am now inclined to agree with other (Arlo 2) posts re: Access Token Expired.
DO NOT ENDORSE THE ARLO SYSTEMS to anyone you truly care about.
My experience today, June 11, 2019. Called tech support, 97 minutes, 60 of which was on hold.
This is my second go around with them, the first resulted in an RMA 3380660, replace hub/base station in the year of 2018. I am a tech savvy guy, so when I was my system went to Access Token Expired, I checked out the posts on this tech site. Waited five days for a system fix, didn't happen. I called today, woman in Philippines assisted me. She was great and knowledgeable, connection was sporadic.
We went through their entire steps/process to get the system working - NO GO. She recommended a placement hub/base station. said it would take 3 - 5 business days and issued a case # 40919158. Last time I was issued a RMA immediately and had the new hub in TWO - DAYS. Now the case # has to go to someone else for RMA approval. This is WEAK. Up until now, I have been an avid Netgear customer. YES, if and when I receive a new hub, I will have to take down/reinstall/program and return my cameras to their positions. Can you say hours + ladder? Thanks Arlo 2 Netgear. My S/O will be standing by while I do this, reminding me she wanted to use Simplisafe or a local company such as ADT. Funny thing, I almost had her convinced to upgrade to the Arlo subscription to get CVR.
When my system worked, I would rate it as good to very good, not great. The speakers on the cameras are a joke. But, the microphones to rather well, usually.
IF AND WHEN ARLO RESOLVES MY PROBLEM - I WILL GLADLY UPDATE THIS POST.

RG65
Aspirant
Aspirant
Customer service is a joke. I have the 5 camera system. Which is now a 4 camera system. Because a simple $.50 piece fell off if one of my cameras. The locking button that hold the battery in place just fell off.
Called customer service was asked to send pictures and did. Was called back in a couple of days and a message was left to call to line up a replacement camera. I called back after thinking I was getting a replacement camera only to get a different customer service rep. He also told me I WOULD NOT be getting another camera. After being told I would get one.
I was lied to and deceived by one or both CSRs.
I will only say buy this junk at your own risk. I will last about a year, and you will get no support.
Actually buy Ring it a far superior product.
Thanks for nothing customer support!!
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation