Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 31 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 10 In Conversation
Nopainnogain
Tutor
Tutor

I have an arlo light down the end of my driveway,mainly to trigger a camera at my fro door earlier and get a longer recording.it has worked for several weeks flawlesly but for the past few days the light triggers,i get a notification and if its dark the light comes in,but it isnt triggering the camera and recording.
As a test if i walk up the drive,trigger the light(notification but no record) then walk up the drive to within range of the camera it will then trigger and record as expected.
Its definitely not a mode or rule problem as it used to work and i have tried all the log out/in reboothub/bridge/cameras/light etc dozens of times.
Any ideas please

31 REPLIES 31
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you tried a new mode as a test?

Lorre
Aspirant
Aspirant

hey i'm new here, i'm from belgium and sorry for the possible writing errors.
I also have this problem arlo licht gives a message, this is in turn triggered to a camera, but does not record a video.
when I look at my devices during a message, I see the orange movement symbol light up, the camera LED lights up, siren goes off but no image recording, which may be the problem. grt, lorenzo

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Lorre,

Have you tried what jguerdat mentioned above to try testing?

howarmat
Star
Star

Same here.  I am using Ultra cameras and base which I think might be the issue.  This worked fine with my Pro cameras and base

Nopainnogain
Tutor
Tutor
Tried everything suggested by tech support,they now admit there is a known software bug they are working on so for now they are just very expensive motion triggered lights
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Our development team is investigating reports where there is no recording from the Arlo camera when using cross-triggering with Arlo Security Lights. When we hear more information or update, we'll be sure to update the community. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

Nopainnogain
Tutor
Tutor
I presume theres
Still no update as it still doesnt work,i am actually un-installing these lights sometime in the next week As they are if no use as just a security light,i may as well just fit mains powered very bright cheap ones.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

If you are still experiencing this issue, could you verify if this is happening on the Arlo Ultra camera only or if you're experiencing this issue on other cameras? If you're experiencing this issue on other cameras, could you let me know which other cameras you're having problems with?

Gregav8
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have been having the same problem for quite a while. I have camera A set to trigger based on motion and to create a recording on camera A and B however the system is still only recording on camera A. I have tried a custom mode, changing recording length, multiple reboots. No help.

The home screen will show a snapshot of when the camera SHOULD have recorded, but it doesn’t record.

Any ideas?

SD_Rich
Aspirant
Aspirant

First my system:

- Arlo Pro 2 with 4 cameras

- 2 Arlo Lights w/ light bridge

- everything using the latest updates

I mounted the 2 lights at the front of my house approximately 20 feet apart.  Motion detected by either light will activate light #2 only.  The weird part is that I made a custom rule for light #1 to only activate light #1, but it still activates only light #2.  If the battery from light #2 runs out, then light #1 works correctly.  I have relocated the light bridge to 3 different locations, deleted and re-added both lights, and deleted and recreated the rules, restarted everything (including my home network) countless times - nothing will fix the problem.  Sometimes after fighting with it for hours, I can get it working correctly, but then the problem returns the following day.

Please help!!

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Gregav8

Are you still experiencing this recording issue with your cameras?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @SD_Rich

Have you tried to use the web portal to create these rules & test again?

Gregav8
Aspirant
Aspirant

yep.  The cameras will record when they are tripped, but still will not activate recording on the second camera 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Gregav8

Is it possible to get your cameras/order & setup? I would like to test this issue as well. Thank you

Gregav8
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sure thing @ShayneS 

Let me know what else is needed to get this figured out hopefully!

How do I attach IMG_2647.pngIMG_2649.pngIMG_2650.png

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you for that. Is it possible to provide the recording/cross-triggering Cameras you are using, so I can test with the specific cameras you are using. Thanks again!

Gregav8
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sure @ShayneS 

The cross-triggering are front yard and driveway.  They are both set to record when motion is detected on either camera.  I had a pic of the settings for the driveway camera.  I have tried removing the cross triggering from both and re adding it and that has not worked either.  Is there a way to get additional info for you?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Sorry for the confusion, is this a pro camera triggering a pro camera? Pro 2, Ultra, Pro 3 etc?

Gregav8
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ohhhh I got ya....

All of the devices are Pro 2

The base is the VMB4000r3

firmware 1.14.1.1_2913_78b189a

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you,

I will test this and get back to you as soon as possible.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Gregav8

I was not able to replicate the issue you are experiencing with cross triggering, I tried using two different base stations and multiple cameras of different models. 

I would suggest contacting customer support so they can further investigate the issue. I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

Gregav8
Aspirant
Aspirant

will do

Thanks

SD_Rich
Aspirant
Aspirant
I tried recreating the rules using both the web interface and the iPhone app, and the problem persists.

While troubleshooting, I took light #1 down and had it sitting on my doorstep and both lights worked correctly (motion on light #1 would turn itself on instead of light #2). I remounted the light and the problem returned. There must be some sort of wireless interference going on. I bought the lights together in the same pack, so I would expect them to work together and not interfere with each other.
Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
I also have similar problem I have uninstalled and reinstalled the lights. The lights will not trigger my camera to record when you look at the camera it is highlighted yellow that is receiving motion but there is nothing in the library. I am not new to this Arlo system I have been setting up different modes for years on my Arlo cameras
Discussion stats
  • 31 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 10 In Conversation