Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Corrupt files- no audio

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
Kammfam
Luminary
Luminary

I have spoken to customer service a few times about this issue, and now it has been "escalated" for further investigation, but I'm wondering if others are having the same issues.

A few times a week, I will get a video that is corrupt, meaning:

- When I watch the video on the cloud (Arlo website), the video has a burst of loud static at the beginning and then no audio for the rest of the video. The picture is fine.

- When I watch the video on my Arlo phone app, the video plays in double speed with no audio.

- When I download the video from the cloud to my PC, the video won't open in ANY media player, and I get a "corrupt file" error.

This started a couple months ago when I was running the Pro2 cameras & base station. I have since purchased an Ultra system, so all of these cameras have been disconnected from the old base station and synced with the new Ultra base station. That made no difference. All the batteries have been replaced. No difference. I haven't noticed this issue (yet) on any of the Ultra cameras, but I just got them up about a week ago, and this didn't start with the Pro2 cameras until they had been up for a few months. (Pretty much as soon as my return period expired through Amazon, all the cameras started malfunctioning.)

This started with just one of my Pro2 cameras, but now all three Pro2 cameras are randomly having this issue. Arlo wanted to send me a new Pro2 to isolate the issue, but the first camera that started doing this WAS a replacement camera that they already sent me for another issue. I am certainly not going to pay shipping again so that I can keep replacing their defective cameras.  Getting fed up with Arlo! It's been one issue after another. I made sure to buy my new Ultras from Costco instead of Amazon so that if they start having issues like this, I can return them!

8 REPLIES 8
Dannybear
Master
Master
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

How long are the videos? I've seen reference that short videos are an issue - increasing the length works fine.

Kammfam
Luminary
Luminary
I have it set to record until motion stops, not a set length, so the videos are all different lengths.
Kammfam
Luminary
Luminary

A month later (and more than 2 months after I opened the first ticket about this issue), my case is still open with no soltuion from customer service. Wondering if anyone else is getting these corrupt files?

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey Kammfam,

Let me gather more information from you through private message.

ebookof
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi!

The video recordings for my Arlo Pro 2 camera with a CVR and Arlo Smart subscriptions stored on the cloud have no audio since January 3, 2020.

What is weird is that the local recordings of that camera have audio, but there is no sound on recordings on the cloud, both for CVR and Arlo Smart recordings. Unfortunately, local storage only records triggered events and does not provide 24h 7 days recordings.

The only times I have sound using the app or the web browser is for live videos, as well as videos triggered manually using the app or the browser.

My other camera, which has no plan, works well. 

Any suggestions? I have already restarted the base station several times and tried to change audio settings. Nothing solves the issue.

I have the impression that the issues is related to the recent changes Arlo did to its software and cloud recording, but Arlo seems to be unable to identify the source of the problem.

Thank you!

ebookof
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi!

I have similar issues and Arlo support has been useless and unhelpful.

One of my camera has an Arlo Smart and CVR subscription. Starting on January 3, 2020, there is no audio on cloud recordings. However, local recordings have audio. Also, if I watch the video live or if I trigger a manual recording, while watching the video, there is sound.

Arlo support does not seem to know what is the source of the issue. I expect that it is a problem with their software or systems, given the significant number of issues in the last month, after Arlo updated its software.

This comes after I lost one month of recordings because of issues with their subscription management software...

I am quite unhappy about Arlo's software, hardware and support. It seems the company focuses more on launching new products than solving bugs with existing systems.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi ebookof,

You mentioned about the support team and reaching out to them regarding this issue. Let me reach out to you via private message to gather more information from you.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation