Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras|NETGEAR

The Arlo Community

Learn, explore, ask questions, and connect with our community of customers and experts.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Top Contributors
Caught on Arlo Video Contest
Share Video

Share Your Video!
Caught something cool on Arlo? Share it with the Arlo Community.

Post a video
Highlighted

Contacting Technical Support

A couple of questions about contacting Technical Support.

Tonight, I tried to contact Tech Support. There was an option to send them an email. I did so and was given a case number. It also told me that I could log into my.netgear.com to update the case any time. I tried to do that but my Arlo login wouldn't work. How can I log in and access my case if my login doesn't work?

Second, after submitting my first request, I tried to submit a second email. That option was gone and was replaced by an online Chat link. Has this happened to anyone else? How can we reliably get the email-to-support link?

Thanks

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
Guru

Re: Contacting Technical Support

After Arlo split from Netgear (it's still part of Netgear but a separate entity) there's no consumer connection between the two. WHat used to work no longer does, as you found. The only way I know of to check on the status is to reply to any email you received as a function of opening a case or by using chat or phone and referencing your case number.

The email option only exists when chat isn't available. There's also phone numbers to call.

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
Guru

After Arlo split from Netgear (it's still part of Netgear but a separate entity) there's no consumer connection between the two. WHat used to work no longer does, as you found. The only way I know of to check on the status is to reply to any email you received as a function of opening a case or by using chat or phone and referencing your case number.

The email option only exists when chat isn't available. There's also phone numbers to call.

Message 2 of 5

Thank you. I did wonder if the appearance of the chat option was related to the time of day.

Message 3 of 5
Aspirant

I have cancelled my subscription and the system saved my credit card - I cannot remove my card information. The company store my card information despite i want this to be removed. The company is breaking all the terms of the GDPR guideline.

Any help will be appreicated as i cannot find any support email address.

Message 4 of 5
Arlo Moderator

@WiltshireUK

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

Message 5 of 5