Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 18 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
Retired_Member
Not applicable

I keep getting prompted to update Flash even after I have selected the orange bar at the top to install it.  I even downloaded and installed it from the Adobe website and I still get the prompt.  It only does it in the web browser (Chrome) not in the app.  How can I make this go away?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

For Chrome, paste this into your URL bar:

chrome://flags/#enable-ephemeral-flash-permission

Disable it and restart Chrome.

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
Dacker
Initiate
Initiate

For almost two years, Chrome has defaulted to blocking the Flash plug-in because Flash is a security problem and because HTML5 has made Flash obsolete.

Flash will no longer be supported by Adobe by the end of 2020. Arlo needs to get with the program and rework their websites.

To answer your question, check this out:  https://www.wikihow.com/Unblock-Flash-Player

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Or use Fire Fox.  🙂

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
kart56
Guide
Guide

Doesn't work tried over and over.

Retired_Member
Not applicable

My Chrome setting default ["Ask First (Recommended)] is to keep Flash unblocked which is what I have it set for despite the security problems that I already knew about so I guess I'm stuck with the prompts or just don't use the web page version for Arlo.  I only use the web page to delete multiple videos since the phone app only allows doing them one at a time.  I don't know why Adobe Flash is even still around since it isn't safe to use.  I just wish I could get rid of the annoying message.

Retired_Member
Not applicable

I stopped using Firefox years ago and don't plan to go back to it.  I had nothing but problems with it.  I'm not crazy about Chrome either, but since I'm stuck with Google on my phone I might as well have it on the computer even though it is annoying with constant prompts to login.  I don't use any browser Microsoft has since they're all garbage especially Edge.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

For Chrome, paste this into your URL bar:

Disable it and restart Chrome.

PRO2user
Tutor
Tutor

Unfortunately that tip didn't work for me.

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Thanks.  That seemed to work.  I disabled it then opened up my account and didn't see the Flash warning.  Hopefully it stays that way.  I'll mark it as solved.

I always liked those secret codes Google hides, but some don't work anymore especially for Chromebook which I got rid of.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @kart56 and @PRO2user,

Are you also experiencing this issue on other browsers or through incognito mode?

kart56
Guide
Guide

Other browers when i try to go to arlo nothing happens i click sign in nothing jhappens??

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

When you say nothing happens, are you saying that you are unable to login? Or are you saying the constant prompt to update Flash does not appear again?

kart56
Guide
Guide

Unable to login when you click update fllash a box pops up click allow back to login page click login same thing over again.

Dave32B
Apprentice
Apprentice

The proper solution to this is for Arlo to update their webpage to the 2015+ era that is not run by flash.  Hire some current technology programmers.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If this is in Chrome, don't bother to click on the notification. Enter:

disable and restart Chrome.

kart56
Guide
Guide

Didn't work for me.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What browser and version?

kart56
Guide
Guide

chrome

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Chrome doesn't tell me much without the version.

Discussion stats
  • 18 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation