Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Considering Arlo Pro 2 but heard battery life is worst than Arlo Pro. Is it fixed?

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
charith
Star
Star

Hi,

I have been using Arlo Pro security system with 5 cameras 1 year ago and I was fairly happy with that system.  Only issue was missing the first couple of seconds in videos.

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Pro-2/Battery-Life-on-Arlo-Pro-2/td-p/1405537

I have been considering to buy a new Arlo Pro 2, 4 camera set. I just happened to see the above thread and apparently Arlo pro 2 batter life is worser than Arlo Pro and it's buggy as well.

I am wondering if netgear as fixed those issue now? Has anyone experienced similar issues recently?

Do you think it's better to stick with Arlo pro model rather than Arlo Pro2?

Thank you,

Charith

7 REPLIES 7
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@charith wrote:

I have been considering to buy a new Arlo Pro 2, 4 camera set. I just happened to see the above thread and apparently Arlo pro 2 batter life is worser than Arlo Pro and it's buggy as well.

Battery life depends greatly on what you do with the cameras. Some people can go for weeks, months even, without needing a recharge because they have rules that do not can the power.

As to "bugs", that is a vague term that could mean anything. Do you have a particular issue in mind?

Pointing to a discussion that started 18 months or so ago, around the time of the product's launch, won't tell you much about the current state of play. Arlo/Netgear has a fine reputation for releasing new products before they are ready. Most recently, the Ultra cameras escaped from Best Buy prematurely, before beta testing was completed, the official launch is due next month. That created a torrent of justified complaints about bugs. Since then the insecticides have taken effect and the bug count has fallen significantly.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
charith
Star
Star

Battery life depends greatly on what you do with the cameras. Some people can go for weeks, months even, without needing a recharge because they have rules that do not can the power.

As to "bugs", that is a vague term that could mean anything. Do you have a particular issue in mind?

Thanks for your reply. May I know how you would compare battery life for Arlo Pro and Pro2 (for the same time of recording)?

I was able to use Arlo Pro baterries for 2-3 months. Do you think Pro2 will perform in the same way ?

My question is are 4 D type batteries can last longer than 1 rechargable battery?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

My Pro cameras run the aprox same time as the Pro2s for the batteries...

just about 3 months is norm for me with < than spec usage of 5 mins per day

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
charith
Star
Star

I hope arlo pro2 has fixed those early stage number of bugs. I am going to buy a 4 camera set. There is a $200 cash back offer at the moment. I hope they are not going to clear old buggy batch 😄

Does this 4 camera set contains battery recharger?

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

There are so many bundles and variants on these things, sometimes depending on who is selling, that you would do best to check before you part with your money.

If you are worried about battery life, for full-function operation, permanent power is the best option. The outdoor power supply is not wildly expensive as a standalone.

Solar chargers have their fans, and can get around the battery thing, but they do not provide mains powered operation.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
charith
Star
Star

Can I install solar power panel for standard Arlo Pro2 cameras?

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

Yes.

Just another user
Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation