Connecting base station to FIOS Extender E3200

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Rtrtrt
Aspirant
Aspirant
  • We just upgraded our router today - the new router is in the basement, the bedroom has the extender and the 2 base #stations are connected to the extender via Ethernet/LAN. The#base station middle LED is off which means it’s not connected to the internet. All my other devices (laptop/phone/iPads/Alexa/nest/tv) are working fine but my Arlo base is not connected. The first LED and third LED on the base station is green. I have unplugged, restarted etc. But nothing is working. Please help!
6 REPLIES 6
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

If the middle led shows amber it means the internet is missing, if the led shows off then the base is not connected to the router.

When you changed the router did you also reconfigure the wifi extender to use the new wifi ssid with the new password?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If you plug the bases into the router itself, does it work?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jguerdat wrote:

If you plug the bases into the router itself, does it work?

Also, if you happen to have an ethernet switch, try putting that between the extender and one of the bases.

Rtrtrt
Aspirant
Aspirant

There was no extender before. It used to directly connect to router. Then we got new router and extender. Verizon FIOS folks configured the extender with router - everything else at home is working like I said, except Arlo. ☹️

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

Have you tried power cycling the base station?

The next step would be to eliminate the wifi extender as the cause.

As @jguerdat suggests plug base Ethernet cable directly to the router. 

If the base starts working then the wifi extender is likely the issue. Test by plugging in a pc or laptop configured to use Ethernet port on the extender to prove it’s working.

If you prove that the wifi  extender is working then as @StephenB suggested try the network switch.

If the base doesn’t work directly plugged into the router then it is likely an issue with the new isp you changed to.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@DannyBearAgain wrote:

If you prove that the wifi  extender is working then as @StephenB suggested try the network switch.

Another thing you could try is connecting another ethernet device to the extender.  For instance, if you have a laptop with an ethernet port, try connecting the PC to the same extender port, and disable the PC wifi.  Then see if you can reach the internet.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation