Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
DirkDH
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, I've connected my arlo pro2 to an Arlo solar panel. Past months it worked well. Now since a few days it mentions that there is a charging issue. I've already take it off, and reconnected it but message comes back. Just to inform: Temperature has dropped last days around 0°C. On phone it mentions also an orange exclamation mark. Anybody who knows what to do to solve this?

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The solar panels WILL NOT charge below freezing.... this is built into the camera as a preventative measure so damage will not occur to the battery pack

When the camera comes above freezing it will allow it to charge. 

PS

camera should still work down to at least -4F

I recommend a charge tube and two extra batteries over a solar panel ( if camera is reachable )

due to the fact in winter it may not charge AND you get a true 100% charge in batteries ( they last 20% longer as in camera max charge is really 80% ( done again to prevent overcharging ))

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
DirkDH
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks a lot for the quick reaction. Could you clarify what you mean with a charge tube?
The thing is it is not easy to switch batteries each time because I have to take a ladder to reach the camera. That's why I chose the solar panel. Thanks for your information.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru
Arlo Accessory - Charging Station | Compatible with Pro, Pro 2 | (VMA4400C)
Morse is faster than texting!
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation