Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Confused on the battery life

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
hiamit
Follower
Follower

Hi

I want to buy Arlo Pro 2 for my indoor use . I will to see couple of time when i am work if the kids reached home ,what they are doing . May be I will use this for 30 min a day for checking and for motion detection once its on.

What will be the battery life of it 

4 REPLIES 4
Streak2
Master Master
Master

30 x 10 second recording per day will give you about a 2 to 3 month battery life.

If you live view as well this will be reduced.

If there are more or longer recordings this will also reduce battery life.

You could run the camera off the supplied charger and then you dont need to worry about battery life.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

As above, if you're using it indoors, try to use it permanently powered

doczenith1
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have an Pro 1 that is mounted outside and set to the higher quality setting which it says will reduce battery life.  Sun-Thur it comes on around 5 times per day with a 10 second average duration.  Friday and Saturday probably around 75 times each day with a 20 second average duration.  I fully charged the battery on August 3rd.  Right now on October 10th the battery is at 15 percent.  Very little if any live streaming. Hopefully that helps a little bit with some real world battery life data.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

I have a Pro1 above my front door. It gets triggered about 6 times a day because we mostly go in and out of the garage. I fully charged it on the 1st of September. Right now it has 82% battery left

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation