Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Compatability of Pro 2 camera to a VMS 4540 base station

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
KenScott
Follower
Follower

Can my Pro  Camera work with a VMS 4540 Base unit, and hoe much past activity will be stored without a subscription plan?

Cheers,

Ken

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@KenScott wrote:

Can my Pro  Camera work with a VMS 4540 Base unit

Yes, the Pro 2 camera is compatible with that base.  https://kb.arlo.com/000062284/Arlo-SmartHub-and-Base-Station-Compatibility

@KenScott wrote:

how much past activity will be stored without a subscription plan?

The Pro 2 camera has 7 days of free cloud storage (unlike newer cameras that need a subscription for cloud storage).

You can also set up direct access to local storage.  The retention will depend on the amount of storage you connect to the base.  Even the minimum (16 GB) will hold a lot of recordings.  A typical 10 second Pro 2 recording takes about 750 KiB, and a 16 GB drive will hold about 20,000 of them.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@KenScott wrote:

Can my Pro  Camera work with a VMS 4540 Base unit

Yes, the Pro 2 camera is compatible with that base.  https://kb.arlo.com/000062284/Arlo-SmartHub-and-Base-Station-Compatibility

@KenScott wrote:

how much past activity will be stored without a subscription plan?

The Pro 2 camera has 7 days of free cloud storage (unlike newer cameras that need a subscription for cloud storage).

You can also set up direct access to local storage.  The retention will depend on the amount of storage you connect to the base.  Even the minimum (16 GB) will hold a lot of recordings.  A typical 10 second Pro 2 recording takes about 750 KiB, and a 16 GB drive will hold about 20,000 of them.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation