Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cold Weather - Arlo Pro 2 shuts down

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Rusty99
Follower
Follower

Hi folks, 

I feel like I have completely wasted my money on the Arlo Pro 2 system I purchaed 6 months ago. 

I live in Alberta, Canada where winter can get quite cold and it is common to be colder than -20 Celcius (-4 F) for weeks at a time. "Your camera needs to warm up before you can use it"

Tech support says that -20 Celcius (-4 F) is the cold limit for Arlo Pro 2. 

Basically my 2 outdoor Arlo camera have shut themselves down for the past week due to cold temps. What is the point of advertising the Arlo system as outdoor use if it won't work in cold climates. 

Even if I supply constant power to the camera's I'm told by Arlo support they will shut themselves down. 

Feeling very frustrated that I have wasted my money on this system. Anybody have the same issue and found a work around solution? 

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can try powering the camera without a battery to see if that works. Some have done that and reported success. 

On a different note, I found that my Ultra remains fully functional down to -2F (-19C) when plugged in, including charging the battery which normally stops when the battery gets below 32F/0C. Apparently the camera is always working when plugged in, keeping everything warmed up.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation